Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh - OK. So it is normal then?
    I've run it in my driveway before but never remember seeing so much water coming from shaft??

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    stretch,

I was initially going to install the dripless shaft seal like the new Moombas have but I learned that the new packing ropes are a lot more durable and drip a lot less than the old wax packing rope, and cost less than $10 vs $150 for the dripless seal. So I thought I would give the new rope a chance and if it doesn't hold up after a couple seasons, then I may spend the $150 on the dripless. But for less than $10 and about 30 minutes of work, it was a no brainer for me. I figure a have a lot better things to spend $150 on.

Hope that helps.

Al
    Cab, let us know how this goes and post pictures! If I can do this in roughly 30 minutes, I will be *all* over it. I hate my bilge running half the time we are on the water.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Oh - OK. So it is normal then?
    I've run it in my driveway before but never remember seeing so much water coming from shaft??
    It's all those party favours sitting on your fender that is clouding your thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    It's all those party favours sitting on your fender that is clouding your thinking
    Ok Ok - I deserve that
    Just didn't remember so much water before. Then again, maybe I was numb and didn't care

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Cab, let us know how this goes and post pictures! If I can do this in roughly 30 minutes, I will be *all* over it. I hate my bilge running half the time we are on the water.
    Tyger,

Here you go:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10841
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I don't have any experiance with installing one, but my boat (allegedly) has it already, but for some reason my bilge is always full. Dealer said nothing is wrong, but the dripless shaft seal sure seems to drip on my boat, lol.
    I've put around 22/23 hrs on my boat this year and my bilge has not had enough water in it to run once yet. I've also spent several 6+ hours on the lake without the bilge running. You should check other thru-hull bolts for leakage. Check rudder port and all the swim deck mounts. You must have a leak some where...... Granted a little bit of water is fine but it sounds like you have a bigger leak. I would also double check your dripless shaft seal while your on the lake too.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Sled491 Guest

I always have water in my bilge. If the boat is in the water all day my pump will come on at least twice. I feel like the water is coming in like was mentioned through bolts and such. My drippless is just that drippless, I have never seen any water coming through it, so the water has to be coming through some where else, although when on the lift I don't see any water dripping from anywhere else. For now and the past I just live with it.

I think you would be surprised the amount of water attached to riders coming in and out.

I'll check all this the 4th and see what I see. I take on a lot of water - dogs, kids, etc.