Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Center Bag Ballast pump question

I own a 2006 Mobius LSV and noticed my center bag would not drain this weekend, and have determined that the pump down by the center bag (drain pump) is not working, which also renders the intake pump useless at this point. Any body know where to obtain a replacement for the drain pump? Looks easy enough to replace myself, and was told that the compenents of the ballast systems are readily available most anywhere. Anybody replaced theirs? Any advice as to where to find that pump?

Thanks!
    You either "do" or you "don't", there is no such thing as "try"!

I bought a replacement pump at a hardware store for 35.00 bucks. Just a regular aretor style pump.

You can get tsunami ones that work very well at WalMart. Cheap.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

cool-thanks for the replies so far.......was it as easy to replace as it looks? what about the bracket that is currently mounting it to the boat.....did you replace that or are you able to re-use?
    You either "do" or you "don't", there is no such thing as "try"!

If you buy a Tsunami you can actually thread it right into the ballast bag. You will need a o-ring to seal it. Other wise you can leave it lie in the ski locker too as it hoses will hold it in place and once the bag is full it wont be able to move.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Check all the fuses before you dump the $ into a new pump ! I have an 07 LSV and my drain quit working and I checked the fuses and they were all good ? Now I just pop off the hose and let it drain into the bilge. Not the best way but it works at this point. I don't even know where to start with the wiring? I thought about putting a new pump and running new wire to the switch just so I know it's good.
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

I was just going to say, did you check the fuse for that pump? There is a separate fuse box for all the ballast system pumps and solenoids under the dash somewhere.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Check all the fuses before you dump the $ into a new pump ! I have an 07 LSV and my drain quit working and I checked the fuses and they were all good ? Now I just pop off the hose and let it drain into the bilge. Not the best way but it works at this point. I don't even know where to start with the wiring? I thought about putting a new pump and running new wire to the switch just so I know it's good.
    That sounds just a little bit Hillbilly to me.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    hillbilly,

Are all three of your drain pumps not working or just one?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Just the center bag , It doesn't even pump on it's own now. But I guess it's all good because the wonderful design of the system fills the front anyway....LOL
    07 LSV usually DUMPED