Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Ballast Issues (Need Help Figuring Out The System)

Hey guys,
    This is my first post on here. I just purchased a 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV alittle over a week ago. I am having trouble figuring out the ballast system.

We took the boat out yesterday and after running around for about 10 minutes I noticed the handle to open the ski locker was sticking up. I opened it and the ballast bag in the ski locker was completely full. We stopped the boat and all 3 bags were full. All the switches were off. What is causing this?

Next problem, My understanding is that I should be able to fill each bag seperate. Correct? Well when I turn any of the 3 switches to fill it starts filling all 3 bags. Shouldn't I be able to just fill which ever bag I want to? What could be causing this?

There are little black tabs on the solenoids located under the rear seat check they are most certainly open. Just flip them back and the problem should stop.

PWI as usual...

The little black levers on the sprinkler valves in the v drive compartment look to be open, ( fill when under way) they should be closed and thus controlled by the ballast switches on the dash. check those first.

Newty, great minds think alike
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yea what he said ^^^

PWI as usual...

Yes with the switches flipped up you are essentially by-passing the electric solenoid to an open state. Flip all of them down or the opposite of where they are and it should fix the problem.
    Some dealers leave them open, as is part of the winterization procedure.
    Hope that makes sense.

PWI as usual...

I'm guessing you guys are talking about the little black switches that are shown on the pumps. They are in the on position right now. So I need to change all these to the other position.

Now I'm understanding that this switch make it where the switches will control everything and it won't fill up when we are going across the lake.

Now what is causing the issue with all the pump filling at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well your ballast system has one intake and with the boat moving water was being forced into the system and being distributed by the manifold into each bag due to your valves being in the open position. Now that the valves are closed, hopefully this should prevent the bags from filling while underway.

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    ...Now what is causing the issue with all the pump filling at the same time.
    Likely all the same issue. Now you'll be able to control the valves independently.

Thanks guys. Will update once can try it out again.

We took the boat out this past weekend and the center bag filled with air really bad. Maybe I just need to get a day out on the lake and play with no one else to deal with. Everytime I go out it is with some people that want to wakeboard or tube and I can't really figure out the boat. Need wireless internet so I can pick all your brains while I'm on the lake too. Hahahaha.