Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wake Plate Hydraulic + Check engine light

Took my Moomba LSV 2007 out for the first time this year. I noticed that my wake plate hydraulic did not go completely down (3/4 down max) but had no problem going up. Any clues to a cure ???

I also notice that my check engine light was on. I change my three oils this week. Riding today ,my engine temperature was normal...and no oil was missing and battery level was normal too. Every year since I had this boat...the check engine light goes on at the beginning of the boat season and maybe two weeks later..the check engine light goes off. Normal ???

i had this problem with the plate when i installed my new one and didnt know what to do..... on mine was there was air in the lines..... run the plate up and down continuously i did this for a minute or two and it now works like perfect..........
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    Upgrades SO FAR more to come for the summer!!!!
    new decals, tinted winshield, new trailer tires.....

Thanks. I will try that.

What are you calling the check engine light? The little red light down by the throttle? If so, that is the v-drive low fluid indicator light. It should go on below I think 1200 rpms, and go off above that. It should say this somewhere right by the light.

Regarding the wakeplate, how do you know it's only going down 3/4? Is that what the gauge shows? Did you check the hydraulic fluid? The reservoir for it should be mounted up by the ski pylon.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

On my boat, Moomba Lsv 2007 I got 2 indicator lights... One for the V-drive and one for the engine.

For the wakeplate, no I never check the hydraulic fluid. You say its by the ski pylon. I will check that tomorrow and try to find the resevoir for hydraulic fluid. Is there a indicator stick ? And if there is hydraulic fluid missing .....What to buy...any kind of hydaulic fluid ?

Quote Originally Posted by 4fish4 View Post
    On my boat, Moomba Lsv 2007 I got 2 indicator lights... One for the V-drive and one for the engine.

For the wakeplate, no I never check the hydraulic fluid. You say its by the ski pylon. I will check that tomorrow and try to find the resevoir for hydraulic fluid. Is there a indicator stick ? And if there is hydraulic fluid missing .....What to buy...any kind of hydaulic fluid ?
    I'll have to look at mine a little closer but I don't think I have a check engine light. If I do, it has never come on before. Do you have the 325HP Assault engine?

Yeah, there is a reservoir mounted up high, inside the engine compartment by the ski pylon with lines going in and out of it. I believe that is the hydraulic fluid reservoir for the wakeplate. I don't know what fluid it requires as I have not had any problems with my wakeplate.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

In regards to the chech engine light. The only way to determine the code it is throwing is to have the dealer read the ECM with the software. If it happenes each year does it have something to do with winterization? Which engine do you have? Is it the 340 EXT cat. If so make sure you are not fogging the engine. If will cause problems with the Catalitic converters and the O2 sensors. Once the check engine light comes on it will reset automatically after a certine number of complete engine cycles (Hot to Cold) if the problem is no longer detected. I can't remember how many but I think it was 7-8.

Thank You Wake Master and Cab3367 for your fast responds. What would I do without you guys.
    For my check engine light,usually like you said...7 or 8 engines starts, the check engine light turn off. I have the 325 Hp engine and maybe by not fogging the engine this fall, will stop check my engine light indicator problem for next year. I will try that for sure. Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by 4fish4 View Post
    Thank You Wake Master and Cab3367 for your fast responds. What would I do without you guys.
    For my check engine light,usually like you said...7 or 8 engines starts, the check engine light turn off. I have the 325 Hp engine and maybe by not fogging the engine this fall, will stop check my engine light indicator problem for next year. I will try that for sure. Thanks Again
    I fog my engine every year and the light has never come on (but I am not sure I even have a check engine light - where is it?) and I have the same engine as you. The recommendation not to fog the engine is only for catalytic converter equipped engines which yours and mine are not.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Just an FYI i spoke to AWS this past winter and they said when they winterie they stoped fogging all FI engines, not just the cat engines. The Fogging was effecting the fuel injector performance. I didnt fog my engine due to them saying if i paid them to winterize my boat they wernt going to fog it eighter.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]