Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racks

Default Racks

Anyone out there no of any surf racks out there that will fit the oval tower crossbars like the stock wake racks? Any racks that you particularly like?

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/duane828...1&_from=&_ipg=

Check these out. They have a few differant racks that fit.

Default Thanks

Thank you for the info. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Does anyone have these on there tower? I was wondering if you can fit 2 wakeboards and then a surfboard in this rack on the same side?
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

Sweet - that is exactly what I'm looking for as well. Thanks Frank.

jeffrogge, that seems like it would be too tight of a fit unless you have a really thin WB and surf... I'm thinking you'd be crushing them to fit!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Sorry I didn't write that very well. I mean does anyone know if you can put a wakeboard in each slot of the standard wakeboard racks that come with the tower and then add this rack to the other horizontal bar on the tower and fit a surfboard in it without the bindings from the wakeboard causing an issue?
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

Oh I gotcha - I have three horizontal bars on mine, my wakeboard racks being on the middle one. From the middle to the top bar is 14.5" center to center and from the middle bar to the bottom bar is 17" center to center.

I think that would be plenty of room for bindings to fit, staggering them a little if you have to.

My preference would be to mount this up high and out of my line-of-site but that top bar is much shorter and since the surf is longer than the wakeboard that may not work too well. I may just swap and mount it on the mid bar and put the factory wakeboard rack up high with one of the smaller kids boards up there and call it good.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default bought racks

I bought the racks suggested by Frank Smith. They were shipped promptly and were of pretty good quality. The only problem was that the surf board did not fit. The bigger slot in the rack is not quite 2" and I knew it would be close. I have a Grindwater fiberglass board and it is too thick to fit in the rack. I guess I am on to plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by nibots View Post
    I bought the racks suggested by Frank Smith. They were shipped promptly and were of pretty good quality. The only problem was that the surf board did not fit. The bigger slot in the rack is not quite 2" and I knew it would be close. I have a Grindwater fiberglass board and it is too thick to fit in the rack. I guess I am on to plan B.
    Which Grind Water board do you have and how do you like it?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV