Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First run this yeat - 46 lbs changes the way a ski rides

So I have lost 46 lbs since Valentines. Now my 68 inch Concept is handling like a surfboard compared to end of previous year. Good news is I think the new Radar Annex which had been sluggish for me last year, seems to be a little more skiable at this weight.

Water was cold - but no wet suit. Conditions were fair. Skiing - well - I am glad I am getting an early start. It's almost like learning from scratch. I have not skied at this weight in probably 20 years. Going to take some adjustment...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Water was cold - but no wet suit. Conditions were fair. Skiing - well - I am glad I am getting an early start. It's almost like learning from scratch. I have not skied at this weight in probably 20 years. Going to take some adjustment...
    Congratulations on the weight loss. If I lose that 46 I'll have a hell of a lot easier time getting up. I skied today as well and with a wetsuit. It was damn cold and I'm sure your lake was at least as cold, if not colder. Unfortunately, I went over the front of the ski and tore the laces right out of the top of the boot. That stinks since I just bought that ski last summer. I'll have to check on warranty.

Tough Valentine's Day? JK. How did you lose it?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I just lost 28lbs and everyone asks how I did it, that is a funny question. My standard response is "don't tell anyone but I found a thing called diet and exercise"
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

That's what I'm trying --for lack of a better plan. I can attest that drinking a six-pack every night and eating everything in site while sitting on your arse will not work.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

that is funny, the whole eating like a hog thing didn't work for me.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

Bit the bullet and paid for a plan - Slimgenics. What this has over other commercial plans is that you use mostly grocery store food. The idea is to learn how to eat right - nothing I did not already know, but being on a plan that you pay for seems to be the motivation I need to stay on track.

It is basically a 1500 cal/day diet, low salt, low carb, low fat. Lots of veggies and protein. But I started tracking the calories and how they were distributed and it was pretty balanced between protein, fat, and carbs. So that just means that my previous diet was way over carbed and over fat.

The give you a list of food that you can eat, and portions for each, in groups - protein, fruti, veg, starch, and a couple of theri high protein snacks. You just fit it all in any which way you can. I actually felt like I was eating more than when I was not dieting.

The real impact - my skiing... I seriously felt like I had never skied before. So I think I have the Annex setup now to where I can actually ski the way I remember. If not - could be time for new ski.. again...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

With the weight loss did you have to get a new ski vest and wet suit too?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I've noticed that thinner people with a high metabolism eat all the time. But, they don't pack huge quantities at a time. They eat a little all day. If you do this and keep the motor burning all day it works better than eating a huge amount twice a day and telling your body "you better store this". So, this is my approach along with eliminating all the bad carbs. So far so good-- we'll see.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

congrats on the weight loss. I lost 30lbs a couple years ago and 10 or so have creeped back on. time to get back on the wagon again..

kane, you are on a good thought pattern. I remember seeing something a while ago about eating 5-6 small meals vs 2 makes your body store the energy(fat) differently and is a good way to lose weight..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten