Hybrid View

Default 7 foot garage...

I am totally new to boating but am very addicted to it (and wakeboarding). Since the wife loves to be on the water she is willing to consider a boat. With that said I have been looking and have read many good things about the Moomba line and I am partial to the LSV. I do want a v-drive but my other top priority is it HAS to fit in my garage. Depth is not an issue, I have a tandom garage (deep enough for two cars).

The issue that I am not sure about is the opening is only 82.5 inches at the tallest part and my drive-way has a slight incline. I know whatever tower I get will need to fold down but will the LSV fit. If not, how about the Outback V.

When I am ready, I would prefer to buy new (even if it is last year's model) but I won't go older than an 07 if I buy used.

Also, I live in SD and I can't find a local dealer. Does this mean if I buy a Moomba I am stuck driving 8 hours for warranty work?

thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by N518LF; 05-16-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Hey N18, I just went out and measured for you. My garage is also 84" even on a flat driveway. I have an 07 LS with a single axle trailer. With the tower folded down and a good amount of air let out of the tires, I can clear the garage by about 1/4". Sounds like it will be pretty close in your case. Hope this helps.
    2007 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by bbyquist View Post
    Hey N18, I just went out and measured for you. My garage is also 84" even on a flat driveway. I have an 07 LS with a single axle trailer. With the tower folded down and a good amount of air let out of the tires, I can clear the garage by about 1/4". Sounds like it will be pretty close in your case. Hope this helps.
    thanks for going out and measuring!

I'm struggling with the exact same issue if anyone else has perspective on this I would love to hear it. Also what about the outback v? Also on the outback v when the tower is folded forward does it lay on the bow or on the trailer tounge? Could the boat be backed up the the outback tower down?
    Last edited by mutau052; 05-16-2010 at 06:31 PM.

here are some pics of my OBV in my garage (7' door) with the tower down- plenty of clearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    here are some pics of my OBV in my garage (7' door) with the tower down- plenty of clearance.
    This awesome! I'd love to see the lsv pics like this also. Got to pay off my 335i then it's time for the bayliner 185 to get replaced.

I love moomba line! Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mutau052 View Post
    I'm struggling with the exact same issue if anyone else has perspective on this I would love to hear it. Also what about the outback v? Also on the outback v when the tower is folded forward does it lay on the bow or on the trailer tounge? Could the boat be backed up the the outback tower down?
    The tower lays on the bow and as long as you don't turn very very sharply you can back just fine with it.
    Old Boat: 07 Moomba Outback

New Boat: Malibu vRide........and surf boards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by N518LF View Post
    I am totally new to boating but am very addicted to it (and wakeboarding). Since the wife loves to be on the water she is willing to consider a boat. With that said I have been looking and have read many good things about the Moomba line and I am partial to the LSV. I do want a v-drive but my other top priority is it HAS to fit in my garage. Depth is not an issue, I have a tandom garage (deep enough for two cars).

The issue that I am not sure about is the opening is only 82.5 inches at the tallest part and my drive-way has a slight incline. I know whatever tower I get will need to fold down but will the LSV fit. If not, how about the Outback V.

When I am ready, I would prefer to buy new (even if it is last year's model) but I won't go older than an 07 if I buy used.

Also, I live in SD and I can't find a local dealer. Does this mean if I buy a Moomba I am stuck driving 8 hours for warranty work?

thanks in advance for your help.
    IDK if you have to drive 8 hours for warranty work. I will check with our local dealer and ask them if they know the way warranty work goes. From experience other dealers of anything don't like doing warranty work on your stuff if you didn't buy it from them.

Heres a pic of our boat in the drive way this year, i have a pretty serious incline and i only have about 1/2 clearance from my trailer to the ground. This also causes the front axle to come off the ground when back in and pulling out. The good thing is i don't have to get a drop hitch, let air out of my tires, or anything. Bad thing is i cant park the boat in the driveway and its a real pain to do anything with it nose down like that. This also requires me to have the trailer level on my truck. If the trailer sit with the tongue to high the rear drags, tongue to low and the trailer binds up on the hitch from the extream angle.

I just measured my garage door opening. From the floor of the garage to the weatherstrip seal is 82.5 inches. Weather seal is .5 inches and the vynal its attached to is .5 so 84inches exactly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mmandley; 05-17-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]