Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

[QUOTE=TL7;98494]Kane, I did the push by hand thing 2 times before saying enough of this.

Fortunately I know guys in the fab business, otherwise these hitches off the shelf are in the $300 range. But can you really put a price on your back?[/QUOTE]

that is plain larceny!! I have the material in my workshop and could whip one up in about 15 minutes...

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

How much? I'm still pushing mine up hill by hand. It's all I can do by myself. I have to take my sandals off or my feet will slide out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyluke View Post
    Anyway, I see alot of you push and pull your boats in by hand and I can do that on flat ground but don't think I could stop the boat if it were to get a head of steam going down the incline, but do any of you think that a golf cart or riding mower could stop it?
    Just tie a rope from the trailer or the cleats on the boat back to the truck-- put a couple wraps around the bumper or something -- and let her down easy. I also have someone hang on to a wheel block and if I start losing my grip or something I have them block it while I regroup.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this would help anyone else, but my driveway is a side entry, no way to back the trailer with the truck into the garage. My house is on a hill and my driveway is wicked steep and levels off somewhat just as it tops the hill where the side entry garage doors are. The driveway also slopes away from the house to the side. I have to spin the boat around by hand, but there was no way I can get it into the garage alone by hand. Inside my garage the house foundation extends up about 18 inches. I drilled through the foundation wall into the basement and ran 2 large eyebolts through. Then I bought a 12v handheld winch with a wired remote that is about 12 feet long, and hook it to the boat battery. I made a cable harness to attach to the 2 eyebolts in the garage wall and a pulley with center attachment to the winch plate. I made another cable harness to attach to the two attachment points on the trailer where the tansom straps connect and another pulley that attaches to the hook from the winch. Once I get thye boat spun around by hand with the back facing the garage I hook up the harnsesses and winch and start winching it into the garage. It works great for a one person operation.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I thought about doing something like that myself but I'm getting ready to sell so decided not to bother. Even though my driveway is on an incline I can push the LSV up into the garage myself-- it ain't easy though. At the new house I want it nice and flat.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I too have a delcine to the garage. The first time I dropped the air pressure and was able to get it in then, I read about lower the tongue with jack and push in, but that was not an option as to in decline. Then I brought this hitch and was able to work out the process....save me having to build a new house.

8-in-1-adjustable-ball-mount-hitch

Not bad. Not bad at all.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah Kane I have to push my O9 Outback V into the garage by hand too. Cause my garage is short i have to move in and turn it to the side so it takes up my entire garage. But it is out of the weather and its right there when I need it. Cant wait for me and the wife to get a bigger house. Well a bigger garage ha ha

The wife was talking about putting a 3 car garage on the new house. I said, "Don't bother." We have 4 acres. I am going to build me a man cave with overhead doors tall enough to get in with the tower up. Ceiling beams high enough and strong enough so I can pull a motor when I need to. Satellite dish hookup, A/C, and brew on tap. Oh yeah, and a bathroom with a urinal on the wall. Ha ha.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    The wife was talking about putting a 3 car garage on the new house. I said, "Don't bother." We have 4 acres. I am going to build me a man cave with overhead doors tall enough to get in with the tower up. Ceiling beams high enough and strong enough so I can pull a motor when I need to. Satellite dish hookup, A/C, and brew on tap. Oh yeah, and a bathroom with a urinal on the wall. Ha ha.
    Don't forget the big screen, poker table, floor drain, and wash bay.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet