Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 7 foot garage...

I am totally new to boating but am very addicted to it (and wakeboarding). Since the wife loves to be on the water she is willing to consider a boat. With that said I have been looking and have read many good things about the Moomba line and I am partial to the LSV. I do want a v-drive but my other top priority is it HAS to fit in my garage. Depth is not an issue, I have a tandom garage (deep enough for two cars).

The issue that I am not sure about is the opening is only 82.5 inches at the tallest part and my drive-way has a slight incline. I know whatever tower I get will need to fold down but will the LSV fit. If not, how about the Outback V.

When I am ready, I would prefer to buy new (even if it is last year's model) but I won't go older than an 07 if I buy used.

Also, I live in SD and I can't find a local dealer. Does this mean if I buy a Moomba I am stuck driving 8 hours for warranty work?

thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by N518LF; 05-16-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Hey N18, I just went out and measured for you. My garage is also 84" even on a flat driveway. I have an 07 LS with a single axle trailer. With the tower folded down and a good amount of air let out of the tires, I can clear the garage by about 1/4". Sounds like it will be pretty close in your case. Hope this helps.
    2007 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by bbyquist View Post
    Hey N18, I just went out and measured for you. My garage is also 84" even on a flat driveway. I have an 07 LS with a single axle trailer. With the tower folded down and a good amount of air let out of the tires, I can clear the garage by about 1/4". Sounds like it will be pretty close in your case. Hope this helps.
    thanks for going out and measuring!

I'm struggling with the exact same issue if anyone else has perspective on this I would love to hear it. Also what about the outback v? Also on the outback v when the tower is folded forward does it lay on the bow or on the trailer tounge? Could the boat be backed up the the outback tower down?
    Last edited by mutau052; 05-16-2010 at 06:31 PM.

here are some pics of my OBV in my garage (7' door) with the tower down- plenty of clearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    here are some pics of my OBV in my garage (7' door) with the tower down- plenty of clearance.
    This awesome! I'd love to see the lsv pics like this also. Got to pay off my 335i then it's time for the bayliner 185 to get replaced.

I love moomba line! Great stuff!

I have the outback v and with the tower folded forward it rests on the bow about where the windshield is. I personally have a 2x4 with a v cut in the end and it sits on the not skid pad and then the tower does not have to rest on the boat. I am able to back it up without issue.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

I asked these questions before I got my LSV. Here's the thread for length:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=garage

And this is the one with height (starting at top of p.4):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....rage#post87459

At any rate, if you lower the tongue you can sneak under an 82" opening. I can make it under mine without taking the mirror off (although I have to turn it upside down!).
    Last edited by kaneboats; 05-16-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Do not laugh at what you are about to see!

I also wanted to keep the boat in the garage at all costs. It's nice to be able to tinker with it when I want to. The Outback we had (07) fit easily. Once we upgraded to the 2010 LSV, I was pretty sure it fit, but I racked my brain for a few days until I came up with a solution that worked for me.

With the tower folded, the door header was still a few inches too tall. I discovered that lowering the tongue to where it was just off the ground gave me the clearance I needed. I had a machine shop fab a 18" drop hitch that is adjustable by the inch. My routine is as follows:

1. Remove from regular hitch.
    2. Swap normal hitch with fabbed drop hitch.
    3. Using floor jack, lower boat tongue onto hitch.
    4. Back into garage.
    5. Once header is cleared, use floor jack to put boat back on normal fulton jack.
    6. Roll into garage as needed.

It sounds like a giant pain in the butt, but whole process takes less than 15 minutes now. Yes I'll be glad when we move and get a larger garage, but for now I'd rather do this than pay for storage. It's not as nice as having a garage that I can just back in, but I pay nothing monthly for it and I have the boat with me all the time. Just wanted to give you something to think about. There is always a solution!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

I'm not laughing. I've been pushing mine in by hand (uphill) after lowering the tongue all the way down. It's a little heavy. I may look into fabricating a drop hitch. Thanks!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!