Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Water pump hoses

Ok, I just need to be re-assured here... Had to replace a belt as I believe it was the cause for the slight squel(more like whisp) that I was hearing. Reconnected the water hoses, but in the right order?

I put the one running from the raw water intake(under boat) to the lower side of the RWP. The upper side of the RWP connects the shorter hose to the trans cooler? Is that correct? Almost positive it is but wanted to check with someone. Perhaps a picture of the 325 assault would do me justice?
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

You got it right
    2006 Moomba OBV-"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you".

thanks bud
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Quote Originally Posted by phospher View Post
    Perhaps a picture of the 325 assault would do me justice?
    Phospher - I have picture and can post this evening. Even though OBV6 already confirmed that you got it right, check back here tonight and take a look. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Here you go. 325 efi Assault engine in 2007 Outback.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Thanks! yep, I feel much better now

So is that hose running to a five gallon bucket with a hose in it or a fake a lake of some sort? Good idea.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Quote Originally Posted by phospher View Post
    So is that hose running to a five gallon bucket with a hose in it or a fake a lake of some sort?
    phospher - Yes. To be specific, the hose runs to a 10-gallon plastic storage container (Walmart $4) filled with RV anti freeze solution. Container sits on the ground at the stern to capture and recirculate solution as it comes out the exhuast. I do this when winterizing. While it's not necessary, I run the anti freeze just because I figured out a way to do it and it will maximize protection against winter freeze damage to engine and heater. I only started the anti freeze step after the three-year warranty expired, prior to which the dealer did all the service. Now that I do the winterization, I have all the liability if there is a screw up. Anti freeze step is easy to do and kept me from worrying while boat was in storage for the winter. If interested, come fall you can borrow my setup (includes collector system made of PVC that bolts right to exhaust) to winterize your engine. All you gotta buy is the anit freeze. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 06-10-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

phospher- These show you the other end of the hose and how the recirculating works. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

that is frigin awesome!
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a thread with all the parts list and how deerfield was putting this all together last fall.

I planned on searching for it this winter to copy the system!

Maybe it could be posted as a sticky (or maybe it is).

Ingenious

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet