Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Don't forget to raise your glasses on 8/8. It's my birthday, although I think I'm about to quit celebrating them myself.
    8/8/08 is when aook23 and I started our addiction to boats.
    So long Nobody's Girl, you were a good boat.
    Last edited by bslide; 05-19-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    Go big or go home!

Sled491 Guest

I'm skiing first thing and then I pretty much have to shut it down because of traffic. I do plan on surfing in the afternoons if possible. No tubing yuk. After that we will just hang out, have some lunch maybe on a river side deck somewhere, drink some wobly pops and catch some cancer .

Just so every one is aware use caution if you are planning on boating from New London to Freemont. Depending on how much rain we get the water levels change regularly and boating from New London to Freemont is questionable at best. Better safe than sorry, it's about a 20 minute car ride. Also the wolf as quite a few restrictions on the weekends with no wake zones and it can be very busy!!! However at partridge crop lake there is a great sandbar to enjoy beverages and ski and board near the back end of the lake.

Sounds like fun, and if FFM can throw in some free stuff it makes it that much better. I will be taking the wife and leaving the kids at home.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

Sled491 Guest

The thing with the wold that I've seen is that while going right through Freemont is all slow no wake, you can travel a relatively short distance out of town and get usable water. As for the sand bar sounds great!

I miss spoke its partridge lake, not partridge crop lake which is further North. For the most part you are right sled. If you head out of the main launch area and go North there is one short no wake zone, but if you go south to Poygan lake there are a couple of no wake zones also. North of the Red banks the river gets real narow but there are some cool beaches up that way also. I personally haven't gone much farther than the 3 or 4 miles North of the Red Banks because I have always been told to watch for low water.

Check out this link for more information.

http://wiparty.com/Boating/Fremont.shtml
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

Sled491 Guest

Right, south of launch has some no wake zones but there is plenty of water in between. North of Red Banks almost right away get nice and wide. Partridge Crop looks like it could get rough.

Bottom line is I think we'll find places to ride/ski/tube (yuk)/hang out.

Got some more info on the hotel.
    Two queen beds $84.90
    Two kings with two tvs $99
    One king with whirl pool $99
    King Grand suite kitchen king bed and whirl pool $109

http://www.americinn.com/hotels/WI/N...accommodations
    I need to know what kinda rooms you guys would like by next week so we can lock in the low prices.
    Go big or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by bslide View Post
    Got some more info on the hotel.
    Two queen beds $84.90
    Two kings with two tvs $99
    One king with whirl pool $99
    King Grand suite kitchen king bed and whirl pool $109

http://www.americinn.com/hotels/WI/N...accommodations
    I need to know what kinda rooms you guys would like by next week so we can lock in the low prices.
    if im sleepin there, it will be in the back of the wagon!

Default 30 min to Valley

Hi I am from the area Waupaca (20 min from Fremont) The Valley (Appelton little chute ect). is only 30 min down 4 lane hwy 10 very nice hotels. there are some great smalll resorts. Jeff at the Fort puts on Wake board Wednesday it books up fast. I will sponser t shirts and will get together with the Fort. the Webfooters is a great show also. From the river you can boat Lake Winnabago up past Fremont. it is best to know the river if you go up to New london. Weekdays are best for long runs (no wake is lifted). This is a great place with great people. Truly fun for all. Did I mention Goodys Wakeboard Camp? Ask Jeff. Tell him Ken will help sponsor this event. lets have fun. there is much more to do.

Default The Chain Waupaca

The Chain is mostly no wake. It is a great place to relax with a nice Pontoon. and have some family fun. The Wolf has more for Skiing and boarding surfing. They both have nice restaurants and Bars they are only 20 min apart if you have the time check them both out. weekend on the Chain and weekdays on the Wolf? if the upper wolf gets to full there is always the lower lakes? there is plenty of gas along the way. Winneconne ect. If you have not been here you need to come.