Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boatmate - upgrade from single to dual

I wish I had a dual axle trailer as much as I tow.
    I researched and Boatmate does not do trades. They can't even tell me where to find a local dealer. They just told me to contact my boat dealer

Is it worth looking into or am I looking at a losing proposition trying to order one and work through my dealer? I'm not that impressed with them in the first place and order most of my parts through a dealer in MN.
    What is the average cost of a dual axle, swing-a-way tongue?

Anybody out there wanna trade

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

On mine the tandem trailer with swing away tongue was $1000 dollar upgrade. NOt sure about how much it is worth though, sorry. It is well worth the money thought, the only time it sucks is to move the tongue to the side in the garage. I have seen a few on ebay though.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

I wouldn't trade my dual axle for a single anyday. I love the look and the safety.

I would get in contact with a lot of local dealers who sell Used boats. You might be able to talk a trade with one of there boats. Easiest is to find a Moomba boat and see if you can barter a swap out. Make a win win, dealer makes a little extra money and you get dual axles. Just a thought
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

There may be some trailers available in coastal areas where guys swap them out for galvanized trailers for saltwater use. You just don't want one that has been dipped in the saltwater even once.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I love my single axle trailer. A lot of the boat launches around here have tight radius turns and a dual would be a total beach to maneuver. What don't you like about your trailer?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

I have single as well and love it for it's ease of maneuverability, however I only tow 10 miles one way to the lake. If I was going further, I would have opted for dual axle..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    I love my single axle trailer. A lot of the boat launches around here have tight radius turns and a dual would be a total beach to maneuver. What don't you like about your trailer?
    Every body of water is over an hour a way and put tons of miles on just getting to the lakes/rivers. Place we go it usually 150miles round trip every weekend. We make several trips over 250miles one way (you know this is Big Sky country right??) I'd like to have a little insurance of the 4 tires instead of just 2!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    I really only see this being a problem if you are trying to push it by hand or backing it up with a geo metro.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

Well, I've seen more than one guy stuff his boat and dual axle trailer down a bank and into the bushes at my local boat launch. They're usually the guys with the big oversized 4x4. At least they have the horsepower to pull them out. Unlike my GEO metro....
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Viking, I'd look around for a used inboard tandem trailer and then sell yours. You shouldn't have any problem, other than color. Although black would be fine on your boat.

PWI as usual...