Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had to replace my single axle trailer a couple of years ago due to being hit by a drunk/high driver. It's a 2007, and cost to buy a new one was $3,400. I thought about upgrading to the dual axle, but Boatmate said it would be 2-3 months before I could get it, so I didn't do it. Lucky for me the dealer in the city where the accident happened had a brand new single in his warehouse because one of his customers upgraded.

Aaron

Well i've had both and would never go back to a single. Doubles ride better, have a better distributed load capacity, I don't have to worry about loading the boat and being right at the capacity limit and of course as said the safety margin with four tires. What really used to aggravate me was singles have the habit of pivoting at the hitch point, especially on rough roads and that really bugged me. I also tow no less than an hour on any outing and it's a "feel good" factor for me. I've never had issues turning or manuvering my double and i've been in some pretty tight spots.
    2007 Mobius LSV

If I had a bigger boat like a Mobius I would want the dual trailer for sure. But for my little Outback V the single seems to do me just fine. Anyway, I'm sure that the intention of this thread was not to get into a discussion about single vs dual and good luck on your search!

Hey Viking, did you ever find a better deal on those Chrome logos?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

We called boatmate and another fellow boater had his trailer totaled after it fell off the end of the ramp underwater and bent the crossmember ripping it back up. Anyways it was $5500-$6500 for a new double-axle boatmate for 22-23ft boat. I see people on the insurance thread having no idea that they cost so much and are underinsured on the trailer.

There you go viking! Launch your boat and then back your trailer off a cliff. You may have to pay a little extra for the tandem upgrade but hey isn't that what insurance is for?

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    There you go viking! Launch your boat and then back your trailer off a cliff. You may have to pay a little extra for the tandem upgrade but hey isn't that what insurance is for?
    Now that is funny right there Newty
    But it would look a little fishy (sorry for the pun) to have that happen only a few days after this idea was posted. Maybe next year? Hmmmmm

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

LOL yea u might want to give it some time...

PWI as usual...