Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone with transom remote ... help!

Hey all, i bought one of Aquaholics extra transom remotes and went to install yesterday but i'll be darned if i can find the deutcsh connector to plug it into to on my '07 LSV. I called the dealer and he stated it's plug-n-play and it should be at the transom, no go! Does anyone know where it is or can anyone look for me? I've looked bow to stern and cannot find find a loose connector anywhere!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razzman--
    I just looked at my wiring. There are two sets of wires looms. Look inside the plastic that cover and protects all the wire and you should find the wires there. I will take a picture and post in a little bit.
    Mark
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks Tazz! I'm about at wits end here! We're leaving for the lake for a week tomorrow morning and i'd like to have the remote working! Where is the loom your reffering to exactly?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Lift up the driver side rear locker. Look under the lip of the fiberglass. Ther you will see the looms.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Tazz is right, drivers side up under the lip in the rear locker. It could be tie wrapped behind the black cover in the middle motor box. Remove those four screws and look there if you don't see it where the plastic divider stops in the driverside locker.

Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Awesome guys, i'm all over it!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Let us know if you found it.
    Tazz

OK so what exactly am i looking for? Bare wires? A connector? I have one loom only back there and it's definately not big enough for a connector to hide. I couldn't remove the last back panel, a screw holds it at the top but nothing visible at the bottom yet it doesn't come out.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razzman--
    The wires have to be there. Try to remove that plastic board to really get to the wires. I can not see SC using different wiring for different boats. On mine, I have two looms. In the mix of all the wires, I have a white plastic connector. Try to remove the divider and cut the zip ties that hold all the looms up. Hope this helps.
    Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    OK so what exactly am i looking for? Bare wires? A connector? I have one loom only back there and it's definately not big enough for a connector to hide. I couldn't remove the last back panel, a screw holds it at the top but nothing visible at the bottom yet it doesn't come out.
    Razzman,

Regarding that last back panel - on the bottom, look behind it - there is a bracket with two screws holding it down but you don't have to remove it. Just remove the top screw and then pull the panel straight up. At least this is how it is on my 2006 LSV.

I installed the transom remote but I was not aware that there was a pre-installed connector back there somewhere. So I bought sprinkler control wire at Home Depot - 4 color coded wires of the correct guage that was all inside a single sheath so it looks like one large wire -and ran it all the way to the remote by the dash and spliced the wires in.

Good luck.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV