Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    why not be an obnoxious a-hole and park in the middle, between 2 sets of pumps and run one hose to the truck one to the boat?
    ooohhhhh - I'll bet you get cussed

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

He doesn't do that. I've seen the Wolfeman fill system and his pickup load of gas cans.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Found the filler neck on the Perko website. Cost is around 40 bucks for the filler neck. Still checking into prices and everything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    Found the filler neck on the Perko website. Cost is around 40 bucks for the filler neck. Still checking into prices and everything right now.
    Sounds like a great, first of a kind, how to post in the making.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Sounds like a great, first of a kind, how to post in the making.
    I agree. And thanks for keeping us updated on your progress!

I looked closer at my gas tank filler cap, and the hull is shaped differently around the cap to allow it to mount flush. That might present a problem unless the filler can handle a curved surface.

Alot of newer boats are doing this already. I do not know why Moomba has not picked up on this. With the gas station I go too the hose is long enought to reach the other side of the truck so i can fil both truck and boat at same time. At other stations ring around the pump I go.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Alot of newer boats are doing this already. I do not know why Moomba has not picked up on this.
    Because the Moomba line is a price point/value oriented product. It's the same reason why it doesn't come with the retractable ski pylon, swivel racks, ss rub rail, etc. standard. That's what the Supra line is for.

I have to shake my head every time I read a post about why the Moomba doesn't have this or that feature that someone saw on a Supra, MC, Malibu, etc. Remember, we bought the Honda equivalent in the car world so we shouldn't expect it to have all the bells and whistles that the Acura, Lexus, Mercedes have.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I don't view my boat as the Honda. I view my boat as the Chevy and the Supra as the GMC. That is how I feel about it.

At the station around here the hoses are long enough to reach across my boat.