Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

This would be a good how-to thread if you are up for it. Pictures and part numbers, step-by-step, etc.

Default Gas Filler on Left Side

The filler neck I got my dealer to order for $60. The hose's and tee's from a local hydraulic supplier. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370407455.624214.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370407479.766082.jpgInstall was easy. Drill practice holes so you get the spacing right. And have a file on hand for the finishing touches. A little bit of weatherproofing foam to fill the void and your done.
    Hopefully I get to try it out this weekend. Weather has been shitty up here.
    I know already that the factory side is going to be a slow fill but it will be worth it, for me, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    All you folks are just driving the wrong vehicles imo. My Touareg has the cap on the right side just like the LSV. Just fill it up on the lake. It was only a smoooooth 4.83 on Lanier Wednesday.
    HA!! I was going to post the EXACT same thing! Wrong vehicle. I have a Touareg also.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KRAK View Post
    I know already that the factory side is going to be a slow fill but it will be worth it, for me, anyways.

are you thinking this is due to the Tee fitting ?

props for being the first, you sure made it look simple. I allways wondered about that ridge and how to overcome that.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    are you thinking this is due to the Tee fitting ?

props for being the first, you sure made it look simple. I allways wondered about that ridge and how to overcome that.
    Yes it will fill slow because of the tee. I just can't find a 1-1/2" wye fitting anywhere. This was as close as I could get...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370476139.164838.jpg and I wasn't going to go there!

I'll snap some side views this weekend for you. The ridge was fine to go over.

2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

For those that fill on the water, right side is key on an inboard, especially when you are the only person on the boat, or in a river with strong currents!
    2013 Outback V