Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Gas Filler on Left Side

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I don't like the fact that my Moomba just has a gas filler cap on the right side of the boat. Has anyone added a filler cap on the left side of the boat? I was thinking about just putting a y in the filler hose and running one to the left side of the boat. Figure this way which ever side I go to will be fine for filling.

P.S. I don't like the filler being on the right side because my truck is on the left side. Thus when I pull up to pumps I can't fill up the truck and boat at same time. I know it's pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I don't like the fact that my Moomba just has a gas filler cap on the right side of the boat. Has anyone added a filler cap on the left side of the boat? I was thinking about just putting a y in the filler hose and running one to the left side of the boat. Figure this way which ever side I go to will be fine for filling.

P.S. I don't like the filler being on the right side because my truck is on the left side. Thus when I pull up to pumps I can't fill up the truck and boat at same time. I know it's pretty dumb.
    Mine's the same way. I just live with it. But I don't see any problem with what you are proposing.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I think it's a great idea and should be fairly low cost. You'd need to wye into the vent line as well, not just the filler line. And need to use fittings approved for fuel of course. I like it though - good thinking.

I think Supra's have filler on both sides.. maybe you could get feedback from them.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Supra's do have them on both sides-at least the 24' that was on display at the Atlanta jam in 08
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    Thus when I pull up to pumps I can't fill up the truck and boat at same time. I know it's pretty dumb.
    It's not dumb at all. I tow into GA and stop for gas near the ramp. It's about 12 cents cheaper in GA so I like to fill the truck and the boat. Well on a Sat. morning or early afternoon you can barely get in and out of the station. It's a PITA to have to hit one pump on the way in and circle around and hit a second one on the way out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

My Supra has it on the right (wrong) side too. Drives me absolutly nuts. let me know what you come up with.

That would be cool. I don't know how many times I pulled up to the pump on the wrong side.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

right side here as well. a supra as well...
    sucks, but I've learned to live with it..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

With my Outback I could pull close and stretch the gas hose right across to the other side -- no problem. With the LSV none of them will reach.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!