Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    So i've been sitting here contemplating this and i wonder if there isn't another opening in the locker up front or somewhere? The gas tank is right in front of the drain so water can't rush through like a little tsunami and hit the hole. BUT if there was another hole that would explain it. I'm going to have to crawl in there with a light and look.
    I actually got my whole left side & head down into the locker when I was running my amp wires to the other side. I had the boat in the driveway with the nose angled down so this allowed all water to run to the front of the the boat. I hadnt had the boat out since last year so there was no water in the engine compartment but when I leaned into the ski locker and put my weight on it I noticed a small upward flow of water coming into the front of the locker. So A) there is either a drain up there or b) the ski locker floor has a crack/hole in it & allows water to drain into a lower section of the boat. This tells me that it is going to be virtually impossible to get this water out & keep it from getting in there unless I seal that locker floor off some how. Bad design and no way to access it!!!

What if I install a hidden tube that goes right to the bottom? I wonder if I could suction it out with the shop vac.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What if I install a hidden tube that goes right to the bottom? I wonder if I could suction it out with the shop vac.
    Then my question would be how are you gonna get the tube to the bottom? Where I saw the water flowing from was all the way at the front of the locker & I couldnt see how big the hole was or put something down it if I wanted to. If you have another idea of how to access this lower section of the boat let me know.

May have to drill a hole.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I also don't really see a purpose for the bag, besides pading for if you do use it as a ski locker, or to help water drain off of wet things. Though, with the small lip that is before the hole in the locker, it still would prevent all the water from excaping. I like the pad in there, I just don't want it to be all stinky and smelly. I'll try to 5 gallon bucket trick this weekend and see if I can get it smelling fresh. I think I'm also going to try to plug the drain hole, just to see if that helps at all. If water is coming in from a different source, then, well, it's a moot point. But at least I can say I tried!!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by mk_deuce View Post
    I actually got my whole left side & head down into the locker when I was running my amp wires to the other side. I had the boat in the driveway with the nose angled down so this allowed all water to run to the front of the the boat. I hadnt had the boat out since last year so there was no water in the engine compartment but when I leaned into the ski locker and put my weight on it I noticed a small upward flow of water coming into the front of the locker. So A) there is either a drain up there or b) the ski locker floor has a crack/hole in it & allows water to drain into a lower section of the boat. This tells me that it is going to be virtually impossible to get this water out & keep it from getting in there unless I seal that locker floor off some how. Bad design and no way to access it!!!
    Someone else posted a similar issue a while ago. Water was coming up thru the bottom of his ski locker (as in, from under the mat) as there were apparently some small holes there. that sucks as I don't think there's any way for that water to get out.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Someone else posted a similar issue a while ago. Water was coming up thru the bottom of his ski locker (as in, from under the mat) as there were apparently some small holes there. that sucks as I don't think there's any way for that water to get out.
    Yeah i remember that one too, something about seepage from underneath i think. That's the biggest reason i rubber coated the locker after seeing bare spots.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I haven't had an issue yet with the smelly mat but I always remove my ballast bags and the mat after each weekend.

same problem here with the water. mine was under the ski locker area. Cut a hole with the hole saw and put a gaz cap like plastic cap. there was about 2 inch of water underneath there. water was seeping through 2 holes that are made from factory to inject the foam in the hull. Now i just have to unscrew the cap take out the shop vac and give it hell. works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    same problem here with the water. mine was under the ski locker area. Cut a hole with the hole saw and put a gaz cap like plastic cap. there was about 2 inch of water underneath there. water was seeping through 2 holes that are made from factory to inject the foam in the hull. Now i just have to unscrew the cap take out the shop vac and give it hell. works like a charm.
    just found out over the weekend this is what Im gonna do. I took the floor sections up that cover the gas tank to see if this would access the water and it would not. Cutting a hole is the only way to get to it.