Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Nasty Mat ~ Part II

Some of you may recall the thread last year about the "Nasty Mat" in the center locker. Most of us have had issues with water in the center locker as well. We've talked about plugging the hole, etc. Well last year i'd had enough of that stinky mat and pulled it out, wouldn't you know it was glued in and it ripped the top coat off the 'glass in quarter sized spots!

So Saturday i'm in the boat and i get in there and look around to check it again as i know bilge water can't come in, the drain hole is too far off the bilge floor. Darned if i didn't find where the water was coming from and it was in front of my face all the time! It's the ballast pump hoses. It seems SC for whatever reason put hose clamps on the fitting ends but not where the hoses attach to the pump! Super loose they were too! GEEZ!

So while in there I scrubbed the compartment with alcohol and then applied three coats of Duplicolor Bedliner in a can. Stuff has a rubbery consistency, dries super fast and sealed all the spots where 'glass was showing. Now i can scrub the Nast Mat and just lay it in without issues!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Well we decided to eliminate the problem all together. I rarely use the front ballast, in fact i've only used three times in two years! So i pulled the bag, pump, put the screws back in the holes, zip tied the wires/hoses up and pulled the front ballast fuses. If at a later date i need the weight I can just reinstall the pump and fuses.

Nobody in our crew needs any bigger wake than the LSV produces so it's redundant to have it taking up space. With our surf crew we have all the weight we need with the 750, in fact i get a better wave without using the front. So it's now a storage locker!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz,
    I found that same thing but not in the ski locker, but in the drain channel under the kick plate in front of the drivers seat. I pulled my sub to run some wires and low and behold there is a channel than run under there to the rear of the boat. the engine area was completely dry but my driveway is slightly tilted toward the bow and it was full of water, the channel is slighly below the flow level adn it looks like the front ballast drain hose is run through it.

So the sub box that we all wanted to seal has (three openings), Bottom, ski locker and top..

My ski locker matt get crappy too, i need to remember to put the plug in.

Styrofoam chucks floating in the 2 inch deep water, from the sub hole cut out. shop vac came in handy for all the crap in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmvotto; 05-11-2010 at 09:19 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Hey Razz do you want to sell your center bag? I really like the lip it adds but my bag went bad on me.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Hey Razz do you want to sell your center bag? I really like the lip it adds but my bag went bad on me.
    Naw i'm going to hang onto it for now. I've got a 14 year old grandson that's getting better and i may need it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Razz,
    I found that same thing but not in the ski locker, but in the drain channel under the kick plate in front of the drivers seat. I pulled my sub to run some wires and low and behold there is a channel than run under there to the rear of the boat. the engine area was completely dry but my driveway is slightly tilted toward the bow and it was full of water, the channel is slighly below the flow level adn it looks like the front ballast drain hose is run through it.

So the sub box that we all wanted to seal has (three openings), Bottom, ski locker and top..

My ski locker matt get crappy too, i need to remember to put the plug in.

Styrofoam chucks floating in the 2 inch deep water, from the sub hole cut out. shop vac came in handy for all the crap in there.
    Joe,

I noticed that on my LSV as well - the drain hose is routed out the back of the center locker then makes a u-turn goes under where your feet would be when sitting in the driver's seat, thru the footbox, then out the top. It would seem easier to route it from the ski locker to the footbox via the hole on the left side of the footbox that is open to the ski locker. Maybe it would pinch the line when the bag is full?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

I thought that was weird as well.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Joe,

I noticed that on my LSV as well - the drain hose is routed out the back of the center locker then makes a u-turn goes under where your feet would be when sitting in the driver's seat, thru the footbox, then out the top. It would seem easier to route it from the ski locker to the footbox via the hole on the left side of the footbox that is open to the ski locker. Maybe it would pinch the line when the bag is full?

Al
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

My locker always has water in it. Bilge doesn't pump all the water out. Then I leave the plug out and its still got water left. Back it up the driveway into the garage and it always has water in between the ski locker and V drive area. So im looking for ideas how to clean this easily and keep the water out.

With the long winter i was able to vac the water out and dry everything. First outing and the water returned of course lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm with you guys. I know there was a post on here in the past about a custom plug to fit the hole in the ski locker. At least that would prevent any additional water from getting into it. I am still trying to figure out how to make that pad not smell so bad. I actually left it outside over the winter, hoping that either UV rays, or whatever would make it stink less. But, I can still smell it. I would like to put it back in the ski locker, but, I don't want it to stink up my boat. Any suggestions on how to clean it better would be helpful. Bleach/water mix didn't work, simple green and water spray didn't work... any ideas?
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

First off i don't think bilge water can get into that locker. The center locker drain hole is at least 6-8" off the bilge floor. If you got bilge water in there you'd have more worries than that so i really don't think plugging that hole is neccessary imo. I say this as i have the dripless shaft seal so very rarely have bilge water in the boat yet i always had water in the locker and a lot of it.

I took the nasty mat and soaked it in a tub of diluted simple green for 24 hours then high-pressure hosed it off and it did get the stink off of it.
    2007 Mobius LSV