Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Please post a pic of where the hole was cut. I love this idea.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We don't have the ballast bag for this locker but yes it was always full of water and yes that mat started stinking soooo bad! So the wife grabbed the mat and tossed it into the garage in a large trash bag. However, there was no damage to anything so I don't think ours was glued or attached in any way. Now we have more room for the kids skis we store there. Now if I can get a volunteer to take that moldy nasty mat and wash it for us as it was disgusting. Then I might let the dogs have it as a mat to lay out in the sun on! Heck, they would probably like it better if we didn't wash it!

Of course then they lay around on that thing and then jump up on your couch or your bed.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I plugged my ski locker hole w/ one of those expanding plugs. Before doing that, my ski locker would eventually start smelling like the bilge water, and the bag got disgusting. Since plugging it, water still gets in there somehow, but not as much, and it is definitely not bilge water. The locker hasn't smelled all that bad since then, and the fat sac doesn't get as nasty.

I'm with everyone else on the mat. Mine was so disgusting, I just tossed it. I don't see a reason for it sicne I just use the locker for ballast.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

This sounds like a nice little design issue. I have been thinking of plugging the ski locker hole also but my only dray back is if i take water over the bow it will then be trapped in the ski locker. I will also toss my mat now that i know everyone else has.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Of course then they lay around on that thing and then jump up on your couch or your bed.
    Yeah your right, good thinking, I will leave it in the garage!

I removed mine yesterday. I am sick of having to constantly clean it. I store my waterskiis in the locker. So I need to put something else down. I have some seadeck materal left from doing my trailer steps. I was thinking of putting some of this down. Any thoughts.

I am wondering why you need to put something down in there? Our locker is smooth without any glue or anything so I just put the skis in there as is and everything has been fine.

I tried soaking mine this weekend, as Razz has suggested, in a diluted mix of SimpleGreen and water. Left it in a bucket for 24 hours, and it still stinks. Lame. That's pretty dissapointing. I really like it in there, just as a buffer between the ballast and the floor, but I suppose I may just have to cave and get rid of it...
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.