Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Default Wolf river Moomba spotting

So I was at Freemont this past weekend on the Wolf River for the White Bass run. My family and I were fishing around the Red Banks area. All of a sudden my sons rang out "Hey dad there's a Moomba", I waited for it to get closer and yep there it was, as plain as day, a Blue and White Outback with tower. Looked to be an 06 maybe. Not hard to spot a ski boat when you have a river with hundreds of fishing boats

So if you were out give us a "Hey" and let me know if you're part of our community!

Sled, not surprising you saw a fellow Moomba owner on the water in Freemont as there is a dealer just down river from the Red Banks. This is one of my stomping grounds but sadly enough I was not out this past weekend. Next time you are in Freemont stop in and say hi to Denny Fox, nice guy he sold me my Outback V.

Take care.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

( im not the blue moomba but i am one of them that have been out there makin fisherman grumpy by waving them out of there boats )hahaha thats so funny you say that we were on the river since march 31st ! I first wake boarded the 31st and have been on the fox and WI river 10 times plus.... we need to get little Moomba forum stickers or flags or something to be able to identify each other out on the water !!
    Last edited by aook23; 05-10-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added text
    never enough ...
    ------------------------
    2005 Mobius XLV

Sled491 Guest

Well very cool. We were in our fishing boat, so no way to tell we were fellow Moombaites. Was funny to see as it was the only tournament boat we sall all weekend except for a BU that was on a lift by the Hwy 10 bridge. Looks like it would be a great area to visit in the summer and stay for a while. Those new Wolf River Condo's look nice

Hey boys we could have our very own jamboree down there some time. I'm normally up the fox in Wrightstown but I would definitely make a trip over.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Sled491 Guest

Heck they have a little stadium set up for our show and everything

Im totally game to get a group of WI Moomba's to get together !

We usually travel to Waupaca (on the chain) Waushara County (long lake)
    Appleton (Fox River) ( Waverly beach / Winnebago) Wi Rapids ( wood county park) but more than willing to get to know new lakes and areas .... LETS SET SOMETHING UP AND GET SOME BOATS TOGETHER !!
    never enough ...
    ------------------------
    2005 Mobius XLV

Lets do it!!! I am mostly in Wood County, Lake Camelot. I'm game for a little WI jam!

Sled491 Guest

Are we tenting it or condo's. I would have a 2 1/2 hr drive and to be honest I would want to make a weekend out of it. I would probably be bringing a Supra buddy with me who would also be traveling.

I can check some condo prices if we get a rough estimate on head count and set some dates, My buddy is from Waupaca so he may know some people that we that have lodging availe or at least the best location for a few boats!

You guys just have to decide which water we wanna run,, and honestly I prefer condo or hotel over camping but thats just me
    Last edited by aook23; 05-11-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: wrong wording
    never enough ...
    ------------------------
    2005 Mobius XLV