Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    nice pics and beautiful water. a head gash like that is the reason I now keep a skin stapler on my boat!
    that's a good idea, especially with my crew (5 sons, 2 daughters)! What do you keep onboard for sterilization?

I have a skin cleanser call Shur-Clens and a few small vials of sterile saline. if you know anyone in the medical field they can get it for you pretty easily- if not a mild liquid soap with plenty of rinse would work; make sure your tetanus shot is up to date!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Sled491 Guest

Ouch on the bump Looks like all had a good time. Great to see.

I could never figure out why some people feel they need to sell there boat when they have kids? We've always had a boat since I was born. Now with my family, its just good clean fun and a great way to stay involved with your kids.

That first year with an infant (especially the first one) can be tricky and the wife is usually scared to leave the house at all. Plus, the infant life vests aren't all that comfortable. But, it only gets better from there. It really is a temporary situation.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    I could never figure out why some people feel they need to sell there boat when they have kids? We've always had a boat since I was born. Now with my family, its just good clean fun and a great way to stay involved with your kids.
    Me either. GREAT family activity!!! My wife wasn't on a lake until she met me, and we had our first son out there before he was a couple weeks old! I lived on a lake my whole life, until I had to move out on my own ! lol. We lived a couple minutes from the launch until we moved here to SC, and now we're 35 minutes away. Tell ya what, it is HARD having ot trailer a boat like that after living your whole life being able to just walk down and drop the hoist...

Sled491 Guest

Rc all things in time, all things in time

I have a pic somewhere of my 1st son maybe 6wks old in our old Nitro in March, and we live in Wisconsin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Rc all things in time, all things in time

I have a pic somewhere of my 1st son maybe 6wks old in our old Nitro in March, and we live in Wisconsin!!
    Definilty early for Wisconsin! I just picked up my Moomba from Lauderdale Lakes Marina and there were still guys ice fishing in March, and this is on the Chicago border!

My 1st 3 were all summer babies, so it wasn't a big deal. the last 4 have been born in Jan. & Feb., so they have to wait a little while, but not too long now that we're in the sunny south

Excellent pics!!! I can not wait to get out on the water.

As to the head gash, put all of those kids in helmets!!! It would suprise you how many people crash wakeboarding and get hit by the board. Behind my boat NOBODY wakeboards or Knee boards without a helmet. I did a wake jump a couple yares back and cased the other wake on the knee board and the nose smahed me in the head and left a huge goose egg!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rc5695 View Post
    Definilty early for Wisconsin! I just picked up my Moomba from Lauderdale Lakes Marina and there were still guys ice fishing in March, and this is on the Chicago border!

My 1st 3 were all summer babies, so it wasn't a big deal. the last 4 have been born in Jan. & Feb., so they have to wait a little while, but not too long now that we're in the sunny south
    Hey I bought my boat from Lauderdale, so did Deerfield, small world. The kid I'm talking about my 10 yr old was born in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Excellent pics!!! I can not wait to get out on the water.

As to the head gash, put all of those kids in helmets!!! It would suprise you how many people crash wakeboarding and get hit by the board. Behind my boat NOBODY wakeboards or Knee boards without a helmet. I did a wake jump a couple yares back and cased the other wake on the knee board and the nose smahed me in the head and left a huge goose egg!!
    Thanks, and good idea on the helmet.