Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question How to pull up the floor on DD?

Anybody know how to pull up the rear center section of the floor on a Direct Drive? I thought there were 4 screws but for the life of me I can't find them. I'm wondering if they carpeted right over them or something??

I snapped a pic of the section I want to pull up! Ran my boat in the driveway today after summerizing it and noticed a drip coming from the port manifold (I think?). Was going to try and access it to ensure the clamps are tight and/or verify where the small amount of water is coming from.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have a 99 Mobius DD. There were only two screws. One in each corner on the motor well side, pretty much per your photo #1. The side under the bench is just a press fit. It just slips under the vertical wall of the bench. Slips is probably a bit of an understatement. I have to pry it into place. From the loks of your photo , it would not surprise me if there were no screws. The really do not server much of a function. With the motor clam shell sitting on top of it - it is not likely to go anywhere.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Cool

Mine has 4 screws which can be hard to find . Maybe you don't ?Try pulling floor up from engine going to the back . Mine is a very tight fit even without the screws ,otherwise mine are in the 4 corners very near the edges.

Thanks guys! I did pull pretty hard just to see but afraid to really crank on it just in case it was fastened some how?? I'll check again.

Mikey,
    Do you have a DD too? If so - what year? I read your post about ski rack and my tower has 3 horizontal bars whereas the LSV/XLV only has 2. Figured the Lowest bar on my rack was too low and would hit trailer guides. Thanks

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Cool

Ya i have 07 Outback DD.I have the factory towere with 3horizontal bars with the wakeboards mounted on the middle bar and the ski rack on the lowest bar.

As for hitting the trailer guides ,it is close but doable.Just be carefull,at loading and unloading and watch for loose dangly straps ,strings etc,otherwise works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    As for hitting the trailer guides ,it is close but doable.Just be carefull,at loading and unloading and watch for loose dangly straps ,strings etc,otherwise works fine.
    Thanks much! I'll have to try it and see. I'd imagine as long as it's fairly deep at launch shouldn't be a problem. If shallow and not getting the back of the trailer very deep I could see it being an issue.

If it works that's the perfect solution to grab another OEM clamp as they are in abundance No problems with being in your line of vision while underway being low either??

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

OH - and if yours (mikey) has the screws on the floor section and it's the same boat, I don't see why mine would not.

I'll have to really do a sherlock holmes and try and find them.

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Cool

As for having the skis in the line of vision ,i originally had the ski mounted on the driverside but quickly realized it would be better on the spotterside just for that reason.

Sled491 Guest

The screws are there just keep looking. It took me some time but I found them, and they're long suckers. I put the screws back the first time, now I don't bother. The carpet creates plenty of grab and I like the ability to be able to pull up that pc when ever I feel the need