Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Not a Moomba....But NIIIICE....

Still not convinced this is the real deal...Almost too perfect.

I would love to have a pull behind this boat at about 6 am with glass for water....

http://www.youtube.com/user/gus0320#p/a/u/2/XHdK9SEijgk

If any of you guys get sentimental on a time piece like this one and start thinking about buying it, I would be happy to go take a look for you if need be. Going from the accent and 770 area code, he is somewhere around Atlanta. I have new buddy who is a boat mechanic who would give it the once over as well for a small fee. Actually to be able to look at this 79', I doubt he would charge a penny.
    Last edited by WaterBullDawg1980; 05-07-2010 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Still not convinced this is the real deal...Almost too perfect.

I would love to have a pull behind this boat at about 6 am with glass for water....

http://www.youtube.com/user/gus0320#p/a/u/2/XHdK9SEijgk

If any of you guys get sentimental on a time piece like this one and start thinking about buying it, I would be happy to go take a look for you if need be. Going from the accent and 770 area code, he is somewhere around Atlanta. I have new buddy who is a boat mechanic who would give it the once over as well for a small fee. Actually to be able to look at this 79', I doubt he would charge a penny.
    OK 2 years ago I sold our 1975 Green Stars and Strips for 4500 dollars due to lack of room. Almost everything with this boat is like what our boat and trailer had with the exception of the fiberglass swim deck which I never saw on an old Stars and Stripes. I have always seen the teak decks. But under the black paint that is a Red Stars and Strips. What I mean by this is anywhere I drilled a hole for a fitting or depth finder and I removed the white paint I had the green metal flake. Again, what I am saying here is they molded the complete boat in the color (red, green, blue) of the stripes and then painted over it with white or in this case black paint. Thinking about it now I wished they just left them the solid color as they would have been awesome. My stripes on the engine cover and the bow, the ones in the sun started to fade and wear away down to the metal flake and it would cut your butt. When I took it to a painter he stated he never had seen metal flakes that large in any paint job ever and he couldn't begin to match it. This would make someone an awesome slalom course boat!

It truly would. This boat is gorgeous. And I don't need to tell you about the beautiful wake it puts out.

Man it would be nice to take a few runs behind .....

fify

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    It truly would. This boat is gorgeous. And I don't need to tell you about the beautiful wake it doesn't put out.

Man it would be nice to take a few runs behind .....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

That boat is amazing!

Bashton

Wow, Thats very impresive for the age, heck Ive seen 1 yr old boat in way worse condition
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

OK mine wasn't that good looking, but we used it every year since we bought it in the mid 80s. And I can say I asked 5k for it and sold it for 4.5k so seeing how we paid 7k for it when we bought it I must admit we got our money out of it. I later saw it being sold for 5k again!
    Wake????? I don't remember a wake. hummmmmm wake?????? Nope no wake.

great looking boat what his he asking for it

Sled491 Guest

Very nice, I've been kind of looking for older dd boats lately, like old wood ones. I think it would be a cool restore.

Shoot, I would imagine the restoring would be a limited project. Boat looks fantastic. Sled,if you get a wild hair and want to drive down to Georgia, you have to let me have a set behind her. I'll bring the cold BEER and tubes of course.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden