Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Subwoofer suggestions

I've finally compiled a short list of audio components that I'll start purchasing in the next few weeks. I'm still undecided about the subwoofer. Of course I've read good things about the WS and Exile. I'd really like to hear what other people are using and are happy with. I'm hoping to power this sub ~500W RMS. What are you guys running?

Brandon
    2007 Mobius LS

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KICKER-SOLO-...item51903e22b1

I have a Kicker 10" Solo-Baric L5 (can be had for under 120.00) in a closed waterproof box (that I made for under 50.00) under the dash below the drivers feet. Its behind the kick panel so noone knows its there. I run it with a Kicker 500.1 amp. It bangs very very hard. The ebay seller at the top is who I have used several times and they are pretty good, really fast shipping also.

really need to know your pricepoint..
    kicker has some great subs, both inexpensive up to crazy priced, rockford has some great stuff for not a lot of cash. I used jl 12w6 and love it.

price will ultimately determine where you land..

imo tho(zips up flamesuit) wetsounds and exile make some great products, however there are better values for your $$ out there..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If your on a budget the Kicker Comps and VR Comps are great and my choices. I've installed a few Comps for people and with good power they really hit hard for the money. Stepping up there are a lot of choices as sandm said with the Rockfords, Kicker Solobarics, JL Audio, Boston, Exile Shift & XT to name a few. The biggest thing is make sure it can withstand the marine environment and the power and enclosure are matched to the sub. You also didn't mention what size your looking either.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I got a couple of Alpine Type R subs and love them. 500watts is perfect for 1!!! I think you can find them for around $100.

I seem to be good at leaving out important info. I'm leaning towards a 12" but could be swayed to using a single quality 10". Hoping not to exceed $250 on the sub. It will likely be powered by the sub channel on a JL HD900/5.
    2007 Mobius LS

KICKER!!!
    my buddy just picked up 2 kicker L5 solo barics and a 750 amp for 600 shipped if I recall correct they are insane for the price

Go to www.dealercostcaraudio.com
    2007 Outback V

My local shop has a l7 dual VC in a carpeted box for 699.00 ans some wonder why we shop online.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I also Kicker woofers - 2 10" L7's running off a single channel of a Kicker ZX700.5, and it sounds awesome, especially with the incredibly small amount of power I'm running to them.
    2013 Outback V

I'll have to take a closer look at those kickers. Anybody running a JL sub?
    2007 Mobius LS