Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is this the mounting plate you got?

http://www.etrailer.com/p-F092806100.html

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Got any pics?
    I will take a few this weekend when I get back up to the boat. I keep it in dry storage 1/4 mile from the water during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Is this the mounting plate you got?

http://www.etrailer.com/p-F092806100.html
    The mounting plate came with the welding job.

I took it to a local trailer and hitch store and they said it would need a mounting plate since it the part on the Fulton Jack was actually larger than the mounting plate that is on my Boatmate trailer now. They suggested I go to a local guy who ran a metal fabrication/welding/hot rod/ etc etc business. He had a 1/4 inch plate that he cut to the correct size and then welded it on my trailer.

I swear I looked for that plate and couldn't find it! But I am glad I went to him. I like to support smaller business owners as much as I can, and besides that, his told some entertaining stories and let me piddle around his shop while he did his work.

I too have an XLV and I use a block of wood under the jack to help with my need for additional height. Its a one foot 2x10. A simple and free solution.

Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Here are a few of pics of mine....

Notice still need to paint it blue. I'll be doing that this weekend.

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

That looks sweet. Even w/o paint, that looks really clean.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    I bought a Fulton dual wheel 2000# jack at Northern Tool that bolted right up. It does roll much better than the stock single wheel, but I crank it down pretty far before pushing the trailer around. I'm still nervous that there is just the one bolt holding it on the trailer.
    Do you have a link or part number on the one that you got to bolt right up. I need to change mine pretty soon.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Appreciate that csm. The pics in my profile will come up larger so you can really take a look. Can't wait to get up there and paint it though. Really more for the protection against rust more than anything.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Jesse - Check out this link: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ht=fulton+jack

Looks like this guy found someone that makes an adapter that goes on w/o welding. He has a dual axle Boatmate, but it looks like it would work for single axles as well. I'm not sure what the cost is, but looks like a good alternative to welding.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

csm,
    Nice find there! I might consider an upgrade to the dual wheel fulton as well. This would make for an easy install

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet