Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need some help!

thanks for the response! speed yes the electric systems are defin faster than the hydraulic from the videos i have watched just was a little weary of the electric set up although me and a few others have had problems with the hydraulic system i think im probably gonna go with a electric set up....

i wonder if i do switch to the electric lenco set up like in the 09 outbacks if it would be a single actuator like shown in the manual or if they would have to put two considering there are two holes in the transom already from the 08 hydraulic benneet actuators....
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    Upgrades SO FAR more to come for the summer!!!!
    new decals, tinted winshield, new trailer tires.....

outbackv,

No offense intended but my suggestion is to put your time, effort, and money towards something that will make a tangible improvement in your boating experience. Whether you go with electric or hydraulic, when you flip the lever, the plate moves. So I would go with the most cost effective solution. Now if the hydraulic wakeplate is prone to failure, then I might consider changing to electric once it fails. But if remember correctly, your ran your wakeplate into the back of the garage, it did not fail on it's own, correct?

That said, seems to me that the electric would be easier to install than a hydraulic system so if you are starting from scratch, I would go electric.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Not to argue but i can stand corrected that 09s are electric.

That owners manual on Page 52 shows a single piston wake plate and calls it Hydraulic.
    no worries Mike. that's just strange to me as I know that the last time I was at the dealership that I saw an electric one. Maybe different on different models and/or years? who the heck knows. i know mine is a 2 actuator hydraulic system on '08 OBV.

I'm pretty sure they are all electric as of '09. It's quite possible the manual wasn't updated or something.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

i did not run my boat into my garage! and im not replacing the system for no reason and wasting my time nor did i say i want to replace the hydraulic sytem cause it failed!!!!!
    the reason why is my plate and hinge are bent not much but it is off set about a 1/2 inch to be exact and makes the boat pull at higher speeds does it absolutely need to be replaced NO but its enough to bug me im 21and this is my first boat that I ALONE have purchased and want everything working properly...............
    my question was since im going to be changing it is does anyone recommend different set ups and if there where pros and cons to different system i thought that what these forums were for
    i said nothing about the hydraulics FAILING

cab i understand what your saying about time though thanks for the reply hope to hear from you soon
    bruno
    Last edited by outbackv; 05-12-2010 at 02:02 AM.
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by outbackv View Post
    first of all no i did not run my boat into my garage! and im not replacing the system for no reason and wasting my time nor did i say i want to replace the hydraulic sytem cause it failed!!!!!
    the reason why like i said in above post is my plate and hinge are bent not much but it is off set about a 1/2 inch to be exact and makes the boat pull at higher speeds does it absolutely need to be replaced NO but its enough to bug me im 21 and this is my first boat that I ALONE have purchased and want everything working properly...............
    my question was since im going to be changing it is does anyone recommend different set ups and if there where pros and cons to different system i thought that what these forums were for
    i said nothing about anything FAILING
    Hey outbackv,

I apologize – I must have you mixed up with someone else who did. I didn’t mean to offend you with my post and you are right, this is what this forum is about – to bounce ideas of each other and learn from each other. I guess what I was trying to convey to you is that if it were me, I would definitely fix it but I would stay with the same system as what you have now so that you don’t have to drill new holes for a new single actuator and patch old ones from the old actuators, etc. Basically, go thru a lot of work and then at the end of it all, you don’t gain any benefits over your existing hydraulic system.

If you are going to spend that kind of time and effort, there are plenty of other upgrades out there that you will see real benefits from.

And congratulations on being able to have a boat at such a young age. I think that’s great.

Again, sorry if I offended you – that was not my intent.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

its alright man! yes i defin want to replace it im very anal and its gonna bug me if i dont fix it....as it probably would most of you as well

you just answered my question though!

so looking at things level headed your right i should just stay with the same set up to make things simple and less costly especially since id have to patch the old holes in the transom and drill a new one which i didnt really consider cause yes there are many more upgrades id like to do instead of fixing and wasting time on this project thats been haunting me since i started it....
    Last edited by outbackv; 05-12-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by outbackv View Post
    MMANDLEY
    what do you think of the electric set ups compared to the hydraulic and if i changed my set up would i have to go to a single actuator?
    I don't have any experience with Electric. I would say Electric is much more environmentally as no fluids to leak. Also your going to have fare less parts that can fail. This system just has a wire from your switch to power. Power to the solenoid at the plate to move it up or down.

If i had the option as to what i would rather have on my boat it would be electric. Since i had no option im just happy i got a hydraulic lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

ya its defin something to consider im going to be replacing the plate and hinge and was thinking why not just put two electric actuators on instead of the hydraulics im not sure which way ill go especially since id rather be adding things instead of fixing if you know what i mean
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V

I go with the new plate and hinge to get you back to a working state sooner and cheaper. If it goes south on you again <lets hope not> then no reason not to go electric as you will have a real distaste for hydraulic by then lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]