Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need some help!

Default need some help!

as some of you know i my old wake plate actuators broke and bennett sent me two new ones in the mail under warranty and am under the install process write know and have some questions.......
    yes i did called bennett!
    need to know how long after i hook the actuators up to the hydraulic lines does it take to run all the air out and them actually start moving bennett said usaually not very long but after even a minute or so nothing happenns its like they are not getting any fluid.....
    my other question is have you ever put on actuators and had this problem when the are is all the way up on the actuator it doesnt match the wake plate where it should be its way down and bennett told me that the skinny point below the neck bends and having a hard time trying to bend it without breaking it?
    also can anyone post a pic of there wakeplate actuators with the plate up
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    Upgrades SO FAR more to come for the summer!!!!
    new decals, tinted winshield, new trailer tires.....

alright i guys i got it done FINALLY

heres some info and answers to my questions in case anyone ever has to do this.....

it takes about a minute to get the pumps full of fluid and to drain the air by moving the trim up and down...... until the actuators will start working

also the actuators the neck below where its screwed in the transom thats very skinny which was the spot where it broke they do bend about 60 degrees and its very difficult to move them...

in the future id like to replace the entire system and wanted some input about wake plates or ideas of things others have done.....

i have a 24" plate i believe.....with two actuators running it and was wondering what people think of other brands of plates wakeplates? and electric vs hydraulic?

just some info would be great other then whats on the manufactures website considering they are all talking up there own product....has anyone ever added, replaced or upgraded there wakeplate...
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V

Glad you got it figured out. Sorry we coundn't be more help.

PWI as usual...

I don't think anybody here has done anything to their plates or added or removed them. In my experience you don't see anyone messing with the stock setup as it's optimized and works great. I think hydraulic is used as the forces applied would be too much for all electric. In fact all i've ever seen anywhere is hydraulic/electric. Why replace it? I can't see how you'd make it any better than it is.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Can you post a pic of your hydraulic system? Just the back of the boat. Im just curious to see if its different then the factory system they use now. It sounds like its the same system.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

ya ill post some pics as soon as i get home! installing them is not as easy as it sounds and yes it is the same system as the factory just you have to bend the actuators to fit the plate not much only about 15 degrees but they are very difficult to bend!!! im pretty much an expert now on bennett trim tabs after all this

btw the guys at bennett are awesome very helpful!

reason for replacing is the whole set up is the hinge holding the plate got a tiny offset bend in it as well as the plate and do to the way the bend is it is you can just hammer it out and i dont

so id like to replce the whole plate set up and was just wondering if anyone has used lenco tabs and just getting ideas of other manufacturers and what not

thanks the the replys
    Last edited by outbackv; 05-08-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V

I think the wakeplates on Moombas are now electric. Thought I read that somewhere.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I think the wakeplates on Moombas are now electric. Thought I read that somewhere.
    Nope don't think so sir. If you open the engine hatch on our boats and on your lower right hand is a plastic cover, kinda smoke colored, that's the hydraulic for the wake plate.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Moomba switched to an electric wakeplate in 2009.

ditto on the Electric. ED g was talking about that extensively when Martha was Born..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold