Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 14 1/4" x 14" OJ Prop Retool for my '07 LSV

I just pulled off my prop and shipped it to OJ to see what magic they could do to eliminate the "Noise" that this prop and LSV's are known for. The prop was in great shape and did not need any repairs so I am hoping Eric can work some OJ magic and get rid of the noise while maintaining the pull that this prop size is known for. I will keep you posted on the results.

In the meantime I have a spare I bought off this board this winter and I plan to use it if we can get out. The spare is a 13.7 x 17.5 OJ.

Your spare 13.7 x 17.5 is the "stock" prop on my 08 LSV. Hole shot is slow when loaded heavy but it will run close to 44 mph top end. It will only turn up about 4700 RPM. BUT, for some reason the surf wake is incredible.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

anxious to hear how that goes... and how much..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

If OJ is successful, I'm sure many others including myself would be interested in pursuing this route.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Your spare 13.7 x 17.5 is the "stock" prop on my 08 LSV. Hole shot is slow when loaded heavy but it will run close to 44 mph top end. It will only turn up about 4700 RPM. BUT, for some reason the surf wake is incredible.
    same prop i have and have zero complaints,surf wake or ski
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I will post the results when I get it back and put it on the water. I should get it back towards the end of next week. As far as cost goes it is $50.00 to get the work done as long as the prop is in good shape. With UPS charges I will be into it about $90.00. If you are interested before I can post the results give Eric a call at OJ.

Any update on this?

I will update after this Saturday.

No offense to OJ but we just put on the Acme 14x14.5 and our boat runs a lot smoother and a lot less noise. Not sure why, just the way it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    No offense to OJ but we just put on the Acme 14x14.5 and our boat runs a lot smoother and a lot less noise. Not sure why, just the way it worked out.
    Which Acme prop is that? I know many run the Acme 1235 but that's a 14.5x14.25.