Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jmvotto, hopefully I can grab some pics this weekend. We live in IL, but boat in MI (near Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids). I too am jealous of the space in the other boats. I'm not a big guy, but I had a heck of time working in that small cubby hole behind the seat.

For us with the OBV, we were up at the lake, kind of rainy day, starting thinking about how nice it would be to have an inboard rather than our I/O...based on what we like to do and the relatively small lake we are on. Got online, found a local dealer, had new boat within the week Financially not the best decision, but we don't regret it one bit, love the OBV.
    2008 Outback V

I was going to ask you where the heck you go near Lockport.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Before we got a boat, we just had waverunners (still have, still fun...standups) we'd ride in Lake Michigan at Lake St. beach in Indiana. When we got our boat we took some trips, but mostly took it to the Kankakee river, 30 minutes south of us.
    2008 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Jmvotto, hopefully I can grab some pics this weekend. We live in IL, but boat in MI (near Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids). I too am jealous of the space in the other boats. I'm not a big guy, but I had a heck of time working in that small cubby hole behind the seat.

For us with the OBV, we were up at the lake, kind of rainy day, starting thinking about how nice it would be to have an inboard rather than our I/O...based on what we like to do and the relatively small lake we are on. Got online, found a local dealer, had new boat within the week Financially not the best decision, but we don't regret it one bit, love the OBV.
    Bob, did you prime the wood with paint or sealer and if you did will the spray glue stick to it.?

My wife is from the Sturgis, Coldwater, Colon area in south central MI, so i know what you are talking about in the small lakes , there is or was a very talented rider on Long lake or plamer lake Chefwong who rides there i believe. small world
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    When we got our boat we took some trips, but mostly took it to the Kankakee river, 30 minutes south of us.
    I grew up on that river. Just looked and couldn't find any pics of it though. This is one of our first boat on the IL river down by Ottawa.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wow, it is a small world. We are on Long Lake in Cloverdale, MI near Delton and Hastings, though I think it is different Long Lake from one you mentioned, there are a few Long Lakes.

And for the Kankakee, we would put in at the Des Plaines State Fish and Wildlife area, nice ramp, no charge.

I did not prime or seal the board. I don't see that area ever getting wet enough to cause the board to warp or rot, but since it is right there, relatively easy to replace if it ever does happen. In my experience, there is a higher chance of it getting wet toward the back of the compartment (towards the bow) as water sometimes comes over the top of the bow when circling back to pick up boarders.
    2008 Outback V

We used to rent a place up river from the Conservation Area past the railroad bridge when I was a kid. Everybody was scared to go up there but we had a jet. Later on we would knock a propeller off every summer when we ran outboards. Loved that river though.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it gets shallow and rocky by that bridge, never went near it with our old boat...even with our standups we would never go all of the way to the bridge. It's a nice place to ride/boat, close to Chicago, aside from the floating logs and such after a big rain
    2008 Outback V

Well, here are a couple of pics showing where I installed the amp for the tower speakers. Hoped to get the boat out this weekend, unfortunately that did not happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback V