Thread: Need wake help

Default Need wake help

We bought a 2003 Outback LS with tower. We decided not to buy the adjustable wake so we could garage it. Maybe that wasn't a good idea but I am looking for ideas on smoothing out the wake. We used to have a flat bottom which had no wake. So this is a huge change for some of us that are cutting much harder. We are skiing about 34MPH with ~50 ft rope. Any ideas?

Default Replying to Topic 'Need wake help'

You might try shifting your crew to different locations in the boat.

The wake plate is the way to go. It will definitely smooth that out for you.

Any ideas of the cost of the adjustable plate ??? Can I install it myself ???? How far down in degrees can it be lowered for storing??

Skidunn,
    Your dealer can install the hydraulic wake plate for around $800.00-1,000.00 (we ended up ordering our boat with it, but I seem to remember that range). You can also try it yourself by contacting Bennett trim tabs. They also sell them at Overtons. I remember someone saying on this board you could pick up an adjustable plate for like $200.00??? Maybe do a search for it on this board. I have heard it was difficult to get it working properly when a DIY'er tried to tackle it. As for the angle, it can be lowered, I think mine will only go to about 30 degrees or so. Not far enough to make it fit in my garage. My garage now has a small addition on it! Boaters... we are peculiar bunch. Good luck.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Default <a href='ingtones FREE, Best free samsung ringtones. from

funny ringtones