Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ski racks

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba Mom View Post
    My son owns an Outback and it has a Moomba tower which has oval rather than round bars. He has been unable to find a ski rack to fit the oval bars so I wanted to give him one for his birthday. I have a picture of his boat, but have only been on it one time. What do you recommend?
    Attachment 5305

Thats the same tower I have - you actually would clamp the ski rack to the vertical bars, which are round.
    2013 Outback V

Same tower as mine, and the Roswell fit just fine on the "vertical" bars. It's not clear in my previous picture, but the the ski rack is between the "upper" horizontal bar and the top bend.
    2008 Outback V black

Smile

The board rack already installed on the boat can be moved to the lower bar and spread out further apart and then a ski will fit in . I have one rack for skis and one in the original spot as is for wakeboards. If his ski is double boots it can still be done with ski just not centred but still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The board rack already installed on the boat can be moved to the lower bar and spread out further apart and then a ski will fit in . I have one rack for skis and one in the original spot as is for wakeboards. If his ski is double boots it can still be done with ski just not centred but still works.
    I thought of that too but I think that it will hit the trailer guides when loading/unloading the boat??

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I thought of that too but I think that it will hit the trailer guides when loading/unloading the boat??
    on the lsv they mount it on the lower bar so i might play around with it and see if i can make it work on mine then just look for a wake board rack as that seems like an easier task to do. we will have 2 to 4 wake boards most everytime we go out so can't just do away with the one side
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Gus, I bought the Monstertower ski-rack. I am out fishing for Halibut right now and am on my Blackberry. For some reason it won't let me send a PM. As soon as I get it I'll post pictures.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Cool

I just clear the guides when doing loading and unloading . Just be carefull and watch for loose strings etc.