Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ski racks

Default ski racks

i posted awhile back for anyone using a ski rack on their towers and didn't get many bits on it. i wanna put a rack on the round tubing near the very top where it makes the bend to go across the boat... anyone have a rack like that or have any opinions on putting it there. or anyone at all with ski racks have any input?
    thanks for any help guys
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Here is a picture of my Lip Boating rack. It looks like their website is down, but here is a link to their eBay Store.

As I said in the PM, the only issue is that some double boot skis will not fit because the cross bar is not long enough. I'm going to email to see if I can get a longer bar.

I have sence moved it to the front cross bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

I use a Skylon ski rack for 8 years now that works well. I have the older model but the fork design is the same. I've had to backfill the O-ring ski protector with silcone as over the years the weight of the ski has mashed the ring down to the metal. You could also relace the rubber with another O-ring. My rack clamped to the cross member bar. I heard the adjustable wake board racks works well but they weren't around when I needed a rack. I know the standard non-adjustable racks won't work as the double bindings get in the way.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Gus,
    I'm glad I'm not the only one still on the hunt!

Ian,
    Is that a quick release rack? I've checked with lipboating and they don't have just the ski rack anymore. Only ski, wakesurf combo racks??

I think Razzman has the Airboom rack which I am considering as it has notches on the clamp and could put it on the horizontal crossmember. Only issue is it will "bite" and therefore be permanent there!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

H20 Watersports has them as well - I found them on E-bay and I believe they are made by Aerial and are new for $134.99. I believe that these also rotate 360 to fit any angle.
    2015 MOJO
    09 XLV - Roxy Blue (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Gus,
    Ian,
    Is that a quick release rack? I've checked with lipboating and they don't have just the ski rack anymore. Only ski, wakesurf combo racks??

Yes, it is a quick release, non-swivel. I have the quick release swivel wakeboard rack on the other side.
    2013 Outback V

Monster racks is also an option. I dont have experience with the ski racks but i bought a surf and a wakeboard rack. I did see ski racks on there. They are quick release and adjust to fit any angle.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-32-mo...-ski-rack.aspx
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Rowsell Ski Rack

I've got the Roswell and I'm please with it.

At first I mount it below the board rack but it was always in the way when getting in/out.

Now it's mount above the board rack, near the bend as you want to mount it...

Sorry it's the only pics I found.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback V black

Default Ski Rack

My son owns an Outback and it has a Moomba tower which has oval rather than round bars. He has been unable to find a ski rack to fit the oval bars so I wanted to give him one for his birthday. I have a picture of his boat, but have only been on it one time. What do you recommend?
    the moomba.jpg

I think I would call Monster Towers and ask them.

http://www.monstertower.com/

Monster Tower, Inc.
    1704 Henry G. Lane Street
    Maryville, TN 37801
    Phone: 877-77-TOWER (877-778-6937)
    Fax: 877-232-6538
    eMail: [email protected]

Good Luck!