Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

yeah i have gotten on you tube and check things out there and read alot on here ...i know it comes down to just playing with it and see what works for me. i must say it feels a little squirrly be on a board without bindings but i had fun climbing the wake and come back down off it. just my competive nature to get better and let go of the rope. but since i couldn't get slack in the rope i didn't bother but this is my first time i will get yet this summer!! thanks guys for all the pointers and insight.

i didn't realize till i was at the lake i forgot to put the fins on the bottom of it so it was moving like crazy under my feet but still fun and something different!
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

on a side note, ed, you're standing the wrong way on the board
    i thought something looked different there but wasn't sure
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

gus,

Lot of fun, this wakesurfing thing, isn't it? You say that you don't know what a good surf wake looks like so check out the link below. This is on my 2006 LSV so it's the same hull as yours. I have a 750 on the port side, 400 in the ski locker, and the starboard side sac completely empty. Going 10mph with the wakeplate all the way up. I'm driving while standing on the ski locker so my weight is along the centerline of the boat. Only other people on the boat are my wife at 120#s and daughter at about 50#s.

My son makes it look easy as he is barely 100lbs and is riding an advanced, fast board, but note that he is generally pointing the nose of the board towards the rear port corner of the boat. As mandley says, you don't want to ride perpendicular to the push of the wave but rather, almost parallel. If you visualize an ocean surfer, he is moving left to right or vice versa even though the wave is coming towards shore. So it's the same principal when wakesurfing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBKcPO-qYcs
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

nice vid cab. son's got some skills... nice to see the younger set get involved in boating at an early age.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

[quote=Ed G;96578]That LSV has no ballast nor will it ever have any ballast on the best side of the boat.

quote]

must be my LSV

it just might one day. ive surfed the goofy side a couple times with it and someday want to try it with a few more pounds added
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

well ed, you will be happy to know that I added the larger sac to the drivers side this spring so I will be known as an equal opportunity puller
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I learned a lot about surfing goofy-- it's friggin' goofy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Surfing on your heel edge is harder then on your toe edge so make sure to be starting out on the passenger side if your regular.

The biggest piece of advice I give to noobies is it's not an aggresive sport like skiiing or wakeboarding, surfing requires a much more subtle and gentle touch. Fine movements with your weight and feet work best.

Also, I blew up my knee a few years ago wakeboarding and had to take most of the summer off during my rehab I purchased an Indo Board it is sort of like surfing in your kitchen, then next year I was better on both the surf board and the wakeboard. It really helps build up your proprioception and helps improve you feel on the board. Just a little heads up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-INDO-BOARD-O...0#ht_530wt_941
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

well ,heres another vid , take mercy as only my first time this year and about 6th time ever. water was 53 so i wasn't letting go of the rope. It was kevins first time. But 2 days later the bottom of my left foot was sore from leaning on it most of the time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQkTvIlFjTw
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug