Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bow wind block

Default Bow wind block

I just got out to the lake today to test my bow wind block and it works great. Keeps that cold air out of the center of the boat. I did not even have to turn on the heaters today because of the wind.

What i did is i took the hard plastic piece that my Amps where mounted on and cut it down to size. (why waste).

I installed blue tape because i like the blue tape and it allowed me to see my lines. This is for an 08 OBV. The top needed to be 17 1/4, Bottom is 15 1/4 and the height is 16 I measured out 17 1/4 to the top and a height of 16 then and the bottom of 17 1/4. Then i took 1 inch off my measurements on each side of the bottom and connected my dots around the board. See photo 1 for a look.

Now i did this free hand and well I should not drink before i did this since my lines where not straight. Also note I did this from the coffee table so if you have a wife or Girlfriend I do not recomend doing this there since it makes a big mess and you might cut a little off the coffee table.

I fit the board in and it is great. Little hard to get it out so i might have to cut it down a little more.

The next think I am looking to do is to put carpet on it or the Moomba logo. I really do not know what way to go.

2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Well done. I ordered one with my boat and expected what you made but instead got a piece of vinyl with some snaps. It works but I pike what u did

Jester, what type and where did you get that board. I know its the same as the amp board so i was thinking of using something similar.

You will love the wind blocker, ours is canvas but it is nice to have. Nice work looks great
    thx
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Nicely done. I wish I had a workbench/coffee table in the living room! That is classic....

When I bought mine used, it came with a plexiglass piece as a wind breaker. comes in really handy.

I guess that's one more plus for the XLV, the flip up seat back in the playpen blocks the wind

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Jester, what type and where did you get that board. I know its the same as the amp board so i was thinking of using something similar.
    thx
    Jmvotto, It is the amp board. I know it is a hard plastic but do not know the type. I will be able to find out how think it is tonight when i get home.

One day i am worried that my work bench will become a night stand but guess that is a good reason to buy a new coffee table.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

The board is 1/2 an inch thick. Hope this helps.

where did you get it. i am having a hard time finding a 24" by 24" plastic sheet or board?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I just use my bow cover as a wind blocker!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    where did you get it. i am having a hard time finding a 24" by 24" plastic sheet or board?
    Jmvotto,

I used my old amp board that came with the boat. I put my amps on a new board over the winter. I have a local shop that does sales hard plastic boards and I bet they would sell the same board that i used. Did you want me to check the price for you and see how much it would be to ship it? It is called Multi-Craft Plastic.