Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No Throttle Control

Just put the boat in yesterday for the first time this season. The transmission acknowledges the throttle, as I was able to cruise at idle in forward or reverse, but there is no change in the power depending on the throttle positions. I have not dug into this much yet, because I thought some of you might be able to steer me in the right spot. All connections at the throttle lever are complete. Now what?

Sorry, 2008 Outback V

Cool

Do ya have Moomba cruise that might still be engaged at idle speed by accident?

No sir, should be a little deeper than that.

If you have Perfect Pass or Moomba Cruise that is controlled by a servo motor. The servo may have seized or the wire could be loose attached to it. My servo on my PP seized last summer and replaced it. I was experiencing the same symptoms you are talking about. Servo hold the throttle line in tension for the throttle to be increased. No tension, no throttle. Check the throttle cable.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

This sounds like the issue, confirmed over the phone with Indmar. Is this something you did yourself, or did you take it in?

Could be your electronic throttle control. I had this issue and could put in reverse or forward, but couldn't give it any gas beyond idle speed. I have '08 LSV, and top left of motor (looking at back end), the throttle cabling plugs into the motor. I could get it to work for awhile by unplugging & replugging, but it would bounce loose again. Seemed like a loose electrical connection. Eventualy replaced the whole receiver/plug-in unit. There's another plug in that can come close on the right side lower down, a big unit of wires connected. I unsnapped & resnapped these connections for a similar response. This one lasted rather than bouncing loose again. So, sometimes it can just be a loose electrical connection for the throttle control.
    Good luck!

I did the repair myself. Ordered a new servo motor, Gunnells marine had one in stock so picked it up and it was only about 3 screws and plug and had it swapped out. Have had no problems since. I think it was aournd $125 for the servo, perfect pass will sell them also, but i think it was like 35 bucks shipping or something.
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs

I am having the exact symptom with my 2009 Outback V. The dealer still could not figure this out. I will ask them about the servo motor and maybe this will help them .

If you need a better understanding of the Throttle servo cable linkage. I believe the perfect pass manual had instructions for troubleshooting. Throttle should be on top, side of engine and another cable running around to a silver(color) plate with a knob on top. When the ignition is engaged the servo should turn to tight the cable, giving the resistance needed for the throttle to work. There is a allen screw in the knob that could also be loose if the servo is working correctly. Could prob take some pictures of this if needed.
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs