Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Relating to shore charging keep this in mind. The deeper you cycle your batteries, the fewer cycles you'll get over the battery's lifespan. And, its not a linear equation. At half cycles you'll get way more than double the number of deeper full cycles. Also, leaving a battery in a discharged state (even partial) accelerates the degradation. There's no memory effect on these type of batteries so there's no downside to an immediate recharge after a partial depletion whether its by your alternator or shore charger. The point is to get your batteries on a smart charger the minute you put your boat into storage each and every time. Things may look okay now but your battery(s) amp/hour capacity may look much different from the factory specs after a single season.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Relating to shore charging keep this in mind. The deeper you cycle your batteries, the fewer cycles you'll get over the battery's lifespan. And, its not a linear equation. At half cycles you'll get way more than double the number of deeper full cycles. Also, leaving a battery in a discharged state (even partial) accelerates the degradation. There's no memory effect on these type of batteries so there's no downside to an immediate recharge after a partial depletion whether its by your alternator or shore charger. The point is to get your batteries on a smart charger the minute you put your boat into storage each and every time. Things may look okay now but your battery(s) amp/hour capacity may look much different from the factory specs after a single season.

David
    Earmark Marine

Thanks for the helpful advice.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

It looks really, really sharp. You should have upgraded the factory remote to the LCD version while you were at it, though. It would complete the driver cockpit setup, IMO. Of course, I would have also gotten a head unit with iPod control so you can run that from the driver seat.

Then again, we usually run with 2 or 3 people.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    It looks really, really sharp. You should have upgraded the factory remote to the LCD version while you were at it, though. It would complete the driver cockpit setup, IMO. Of course, I would have also gotten a head unit with iPod control so you can run that from the driver seat.

Then again, we usually run with 2 or 3 people.
    I need to repost a picture or two my music source and how I have it set-up. I don't even use my head unit. In fact, the remote is useless for me. Actually, I prefer it that way. I have an ipod touch that I have mounted to my windshield via a suction cup mount. Using an auxillary cable, I run the ipod through the WS420. I have several playlists compiled on the ipod with several different types of music and then choose which playlist based on my mood. If someone new is on the boat with us, they are urged to bring their ipod with their compiled playlist. Once the music is playing, I just let it play for hours without need of changing anything except the volume level of the cabins, the towers, or adjusting the sub volume via the WS420. The simple volume control on the remote is insufficient with as loud as this system is. Depending on whether we are surfing or wakeboarding it is necessary to adjust the level of the cabins or the towers independently. I am constantly adjusting those 3 components..........Towers, Sub, and Cabins.

I couldn't be happier with my current set-up. A new head-unit would have been a waste of money IMHO. Honestly, the WS-420 is a MUST. But then, different strokes for different folks. Believe me.........All options were discussed at length with John before the install took place. He recommended NOT changing out the head unit, and plugging an ipod into the WS420. I am glad that he did recommend this set-up because I love it.

Last edited by jclevoy; 06-14-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

I got one of these voltage displays (just one) and am thinking about where to install it. I looked at installing it where you did but it seems that I would hit the gauge with my knuckles whenever I dump the throttle. What has your experience been?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post

How did you get your speaker wires up your tower without having to drill additional holes like cab13667 did?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    How did you get your speaker wires up your tower without having to drill additional holes like cab13667 did?
    I'm guessing the wires jump from the front tube to the rear tube outside the tower but we just can't see it in this pic. Or he covered the hole up with the warning sticker (I should have done that!).
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV