Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Very nice install! I bet that setup can make your ears bleed...

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    whats the two things down by your ballast switches?
    Are you talking about the Stinger amp-meters for the batteries???
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Jason,
    Great looking install especially cuz of the color combo of the boat LOL.

That will sound great i am sure. How is the ws420 mounted under the dash? I have seen a couple supra mounts under the dash, but their dash is slightly different from the moomba. Also brainrinse did a great in dash mod which i am not brave enough to try for an eq. Thanks, any pics would be appreciated.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 05-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thats a sweet setup. Now its time to get out on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Are you talking about the Stinger amp-meters for the batteries???
    yeah thats what i was referring to. so it just gives you a continuous readout of your batteries then so you know how much juice ya got in them or what exactly? not to sound so dumb just never seen that on any other boats. very nice install man!
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    yeah thats what i was referring to. so it just gives you a continuous readout of your batteries then so you know how much juice ya got in them or what exactly? not to sound so dumb just never seen that on any other boats. very nice install man!
    Thats exactly what it does bro. Its just a right now meter so you can check on your batteries. When the read out is getting in the low 11V range you know you need to consider charging as if it gets to 10.2 the amps power off. You will also be taxing your Alternator really bad.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Thats exactly what it does bro. Its just a right now meter so you can check on your batteries. When the read out is getting in the low 11V range you know you need to consider charging as if it gets to 10.2 the amps power off. You will also be taxing your Alternator really bad.
    In reading the owner's manual that came with my SPP2150 (the larger of the 2 batteries): This info is straight out of the manual.

12.85 Volts = 100% charge
    12.5 Volts = 75% charge
    12.2 Volts = 50% charge
    11.9 Volts = 25% charge
    11.6 Volts = 0%

John told me that it has been his experience that if you discharge one of these Stingers below the 25% level, then chances are that you have just ruined your battery. After this deep discharge, it will not hold a charge again. I don't plan to discharge mine below 12 Volts, and I plan to put them on the stinger chargers after each trip to the lake. They are on the charger right now.
    Best Regards,

Jason

EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer

You get it home and listen to it yet?

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    You get it home and listen to it yet?
    Yes, it is at home. I brought it home on Friday. I was blown away by the sound. Is it loud? Absolutely. However, that was not the thing that struck me. The aspect that I was most impressed with was how clean it sounds at lower levels. I have heard of some systems that can really crank, but how they really don't sound that great when the listener has the system tuned to lower levels.

This is a good clean sound all the way up to the top. I also was rather impressed with the WS-420. There is a good deal of adjust-ability there, so that the user can fine tune the level of sound and the quality of sound. Sure the knobs could be made differently, but honestly.........I thought it was pretty good just the way it is made.

The two other things that just impressed the hell out of me was the recessed amp rack and the sub enclosure. John really outdid himself with this rack. It looks good in pictures, but it is unbelievable in person. It looks to be factory.

Props must be given to Brian and the Exile team for the design and then the execution of this enclosure. I worried a bit about the loss of leg-room, but it is not as bad as I thought it might be. I still have a decent place to put my feet. It is so worth it because this sub CRANKS in this enclosure.

I have learned a few things after going through this process. First, your head-unit is of little consequence. I didn't even replace mine from the factory Kenwood unit. I just really didn't see the need. Most of my music will be played from an Ipod Touch through the WS-420. The second thing that I learned is that your speakers are only as good and as loud as your the power you are pushing them with. No sense in having some 6 or 8 inch HLCD Tower speakers unless you are going to get the amps to push them. Same thing with the Sub. I must give Brian the credit in this department because he instructed me on exactly which amps to get to power what speakers. All I can say is that he did me right. The sound is so rich, there is no comparison to anything I have ever heard before.

Thirdly, pick the right installer. I shudder to think how this would have gone if I had used the first installer that I had initially chosen. It would have been more headaches, and it would NOT have turned out this way.

All in all........Let's just say I am one happy camper.

Best Regards,

Jason

EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer

Awesome Jason, You did a great job on the system and I'm glad the experience was good.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"