Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    In reading the owner's manual that came with my SPP2150 (the larger of the 2 batteries): This info is straight out of the manual.

12.85 Volts = 100% charge
    12.5 Volts = 75% charge
    12.2 Volts = 50% charge
    11.9 Volts = 25% charge
    11.6 Volts = 0%

John told me that it has been his experience that if you discharge one of these Stingers below the 25% level, then chances are that you have just ruined your battery. After this deep discharge, it will not hold a charge again. I don't plan to discharge mine below 12 Volts, and I plan to put them on the stinger chargers after each trip to the lake. They are on the charger right now.
    That fine for the Stinger, my recommendations for 10.2 is from what i recall Brian telling me about the Exile amps and then they will power off. Also a wet cell battery will keep playing your amps at 11 volts also.

Stingers are kinda like Lithium battery's in the fact they play full force until all the sudden they die. At least that's my understanding.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    That fine for the Stinger, my recommendations for 10.2 is from what i recall Brian telling me about the Exile amps and then they will power off. Also a wet cell battery will keep playing your amps at 11 volts also.

Stingers are kinda like Lithium battery's in the fact they play full force until all the sudden they die. At least that's my understanding.
    I understand, and I wasn't disputing your numbers........I was just stating what the animal was that I was dealing with considering these stinger batteries. At their cost, I really don't want to screw one up.

I think they will be great as long as you are always diligent to take care of them. If you become lax, it might cost a person a pretty penny.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I understand, and I wasn't disputing your numbers........I was just stating what the animal was that I was dealing with considering these stinger batteries. At their cost, I really don't want to screw one up.

I think they will be great as long as you are always diligent to take care of them. If you become lax, it might cost a person a pretty penny.
    You got that right sir. I have been considering these batteries to power my system as its similar to yours only 3 amps instead of 4. My big concern is the discharging them part LOL. I try to be diligent at plugging back into the house when i get home but then again sometimes if i know im going right back out i cant. Unless i run a cord across the street lol. I have finicky neighbors, or jealous ones IDK. Some days i can park here, some days i cant. Each day of the week literally is a different area in my cud a sac i can park unless i break the tower down and park it in the garage.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You got that right sir. I have been considering these batteries to power my system as its similar to yours only 3 amps instead of 4. My big concern is the discharging them part LOL. I try to be diligent at plugging back into the house when i get home but then again sometimes if i know im going right back out i cant. Unless i run a cord across the street lol. I have finicky neighbors, or jealous ones IDK. Some days i can park here, some days i cant. Each day of the week literally is a different area in my cud a sac i can park unless i break the tower down and park it in the garage.
    Jonyb swears that I should be able to listen to the stereo and only recharge after a full weekend, or after every-other trip to the lake. I will keep you updated how they hold-up. Goodness knows they should perform for the price that they charge for them.
    Best Regards,

Jason

EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer

Yea that's whats holding me back LOL. I got 3 deep cycle marines right now. They been holding up decent with my punishment but id like the high-end batteries instead. Better peace of mind. I know if i spent that money on those Claudia would give me a the stink eye for sure right now. She has taken my bank card away LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

She has taken my bank card away LOL
    As well she should!
    2007 Mobius LSV

. She has taken my bank card away LOL
    About time. Seriously-you need to marry that girl, she sounds like a keeper
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yea that's whats holding me back LOL. I got 3 deep cycle marines right now. They been holding up decent with my punishment but id like the high-end batteries instead. Better peace of mind. I know if i spent that money on those Claudia would give me a the stink eye for sure right now. She has taken my bank card away LOL

Just wanted to give an update on actual performance of the new system. This setup absolutely POUNDS on the water. I had never really thought about it until I started talking to Brian (Exile) about the different components, but there is no sense in buying a good sub or tower speakers unless you are going to power them sufficiently with good Amps. 1 or maybe even 2 Amps is not enough to power an entire system IMHO. POWER is everything.

I had thought about changing the stock head-unit, but I decided against it. In retrospect, I am glad that I didn't waste my money. The head-unit is fine and the speakers sound great with it. And this is the inexpensive stock Kenwood head unit. Also, we are primarily plugging an Ipod into the back of the WS-420 for most of our music.

I was a little apprehensive about only having only 2 batteries for the boat. Let me tell you...........The combination of the Perko switch and the Volt meters have set my mind at ease. I thought that it would be necessary to trickle charge the Stinger batteries after each use while the boat is in storage, or at least after 2 trips to the lake. I don't believe that will be the case. I keep the Perko on the number "2" setting (alternator charging the big battery during operation of the boat--and this is the battery that powers the stereo), and the battery has been holding a charge amazingly well. We typically swim in a cove for a couple hours, and then do watersports for about the same amount of time alternating back and forth until we get bored and go home. I can't imagine why some of these high-end systems have 6 or 8 Optima batteries unless they are sitting in a cove all day long. After a couple hours of sitting, the battery hasn't dropped below 75% charge, and then it fully (or close to it) recharges during our operating time. This setup will work perfectly for our typical lake activities.

After a few trips to the lake, I was pleasantly surprised by 2 things.......... regarding the system. The Sub and the WS-420. The Sub absolutely pounds. When sitting in the driver's seat, my feet are not inhibited by the sub enclosure at all, and the sub is so loud that it will make the hair on my arms dance while seated in the driver's seat.

I don't know why some people don't like the WS-420. I find that it works incredibly well for my application. No distortion or feedback whatsoever when using the microphone and it has just enough adjustments to make the stereo sound great, but not so many that it is difficult to use. Sure the nobs could be different, but I don't find that I am adjusting things that much to make them difficult to use. I love the WS-420.
    Best Regards,

Jason

EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer

I just picked up my boat today with pretty much the same system (my install isn't as fancy though). There are a lot of things I would like to say about this system but most of them are expletives. I can't believe how loud and how clean it sounds!!!

I totally agree on the "power is everything" statement. I wasn't convinced at first that systems like this need AGM batteries, but after hearing it I am sold. I currently have one Kinetik HC2000 and will be adding another before the summer is over. Can't wait to hit the water tomorrow. New thread with pics of the install coming soon...
    2007 Mobius LS

looks great man