Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    The wire you should see is a thick black wire with white typing on it. If you carefully cut this open it has a Blue, Black, and bare metal line in it. I seriously doubt the wire under the floor is the issue. I would look at the dash and you will see all the wires. At the dash location is an additional Red and Black power line spliced to the boats power harness.
    Yup I took a good long hard look at the wires on the back of the depth finder. Everything looks to be solid. Black, blue, and a bare wire. I'm stuck?? Only thing I can think of is to play with the wires a little next time I have the boat on the water and see if that makes it start/stop working?

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Yup I took a good long hard look at the wires on the back of the depth finder. Everything looks to be solid. Black, blue, and a bare wire. I'm stuck?? Only thing I can think of is to play with the wires a little next time I have the boat on the water and see if that makes it start/stop working?
    If you can strip part of the wire back, Ohm it with a meter. Make sure it doesn't have a break in some spot. I still have the stock gauge but i never was able to get my puck out =(
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Has anyone found a broken wire or had a bad gauge? I wonder out of all that have had problems, what the fix was other than money LOL. I get frustated with this topic because there is no clear solution ever posted. I just dont want to take the boat to the dealer but because they just throw parts at it till it's fixed and they never elaborate as to what was wrong or what they found.

oh well
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.