Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default drilling holes in ballast scooper ?

So I am going to drill 3 or 4 3/8 holes in the back of the ballast intake scupper, Do you folks think that will eliminate enough pressure from the valves to stop the filling while underway ?

And it's the scupper on the driver side of the boat right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    So I am going to drill 3 or 4 3/8 holes in the back of the ballast intake scupper, Do you folks think that will eliminate enough pressure from the valves to stop the filling while underway ?

And it's the scupper on the driver side of the boat right ?
    Hillbilly,

Someone from the Supra forum posted on here a while ago saying that's what he did. It's worth a shot and if it doesn't stop your bags from filling, then you can go to step two and cut it out completely with a dremel like tazz and fman have done.

One scupper is for your ballast intake and the other is for your raw water intake. My ballast intake is on the starboard side (driver's side) but please look at yours from inside the boat and make sure!

Let us know if it works or not.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I put a couple smaller holes and 3 3/8 holes, I just need a newer bit mine keeps getting stuck because my batteries on my cordless are almost shot !

I did the whole look inside thing and it is on the driver side. Now I just need the wind to die down, Or I suppose I could just take it for a test ride ? But if it's out might as well get a pull right...lol

Do you have vented loops installed on the fill lines?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

No just the stock set up . I just put 750's in the rear, Thought about doing the switch to pumps instead of sprinklers but I prefer to just use the boat rather then tinker with it.....LOL

Reason I ask is that u only need to drill out/remove the scupper if u have done away with the sprinkler valves. If u still have the sprinkler valves, ur bags should not fill themselves. If they are, then the little black levers on the valves must be in the wrong position.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I've tried switching them back and forth and they still do it ? It is kind of crazy my boat sat for a stretch of about a month this winter and it all worked fine when I parked it. And then the next time the front pump wouldn't empty ( I checked the fuses and levers) and now my bags fill while under way. I guess that shows me for letting the boat sit too long....LOL

Take the sprinkle valves out and hit the fill switch, they should open or you will at least hear the motor actuate. Also you can take them apart and make sure something isnt stuck in there. Little stick or something.

Last summer i had issues with them filling my rear bags for a couple weekends. Then it stopped. Then it filled again lol. I figured i picked up something small and it got wedges in there.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I will try that next weekend ! It was windy here this weekend and I took the boat back to storage at 8:30 am on a Sunday.......That does not happen very often.

I'm curious if the stock Rule will still prime now that you've drilled holes in the scupper ...

Let us know.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV