Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default sand

Take the valve apart and there is a rubber diaphram in there. What has happened to mine before is a spec of sand gets on it and it doesnt seal which allows water in.

My stock ballast also auto-fills. So which valve are you talking, the sprinkler valve?

Any chance I can do this while the boat is in the water, or will that result in a fountain in my engine compartment?
    2013 Outback V

I think it should still prime , Because even though I put some holes in the scupper it should still have upward pressure. I'm hoping just not enough to bypass the valves ! I might get it out this weekend.

I've always had problems with my ski locker sac filling/not filling and when a sac wasn't in there, the fill hose would constantly leak water into the area. I just changed out the entire sprinkler valve. It cost like $12 from Lowes and took 5 minutes. I bought two more just in case the others go bad.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Any chance I can do this while the boat is in the water, or will that result in a fountain in my engine compartment?
    Ian,

There's a shut off valve at the ballast pump intake. Close that valve then you can take the sprinkler valve off.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I either need to do what Cab did or buy new valves because it still filled under way ! Well at least 1 side did...LOL. I also removed the springs from the valves but didn't run my ballast full because we were trying new stuff this weekend. I am thinking about just filling to where I want and then shutting off the main valve before the pump ! Not a fix but I bet it would work....
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

I drilled 3 large holes in the backside of my scoop also--still would auto fill at cruiseing speed and above. after getting home this last weeked I spent about a hour under there with a drimil and roto blade-its cut off now, hope to find out this coming weekend if that took care of it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I drilled 3 large holes in the backside of my scoop also--still would auto fill at cruiseing speed and above. after getting home this last weeked I spent about a hour under there with a drimil and roto blade-its cut off now, hope to find out this coming weekend if that took care of it.
    Stacy, if this is the front bag, it will still auto fill if you are just running hose straight from the pump to the front bag. Reason is that the fill port on the front sac is below water level so the water is forcing it's way up thru the pump, thru the hoses, and into the bag. In fact, I disconnected the fill line on the front sac at one point when we were adrift and water was coming thru it at a pretty good clip. I had to close the shut off valve to stop it. And I removed the scupper and replaced it with a mushroom type thru hull.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Stacy, if this is the front bag, it will still auto fill if you are just running hose straight from the pump to the front bag. Reason is that the fill port on the front sac is below water level so the water is forcing it's way up thru the pump, thru the hoses, and into the bag. In fact, I disconnected the fill line on the front sac at one point when we were adrift and water was coming thru it at a pretty good clip. I had to close the shut off valve to stop it. And I removed the scupper and replaced it with a mushroom type thru hull.

Al

Al, no issues with the front bag-its on a flat mushroom thru hull, that I added- and at some point I have the hose high enough it doesnt auto fill sitting still or runing at speeds. The factory scoop thruhull is being used with 2 of the 4 tsunami pumps that fill the surf bag. Last weekend I had it closed off at the ball valve as the pumps were not connected and the other 2 pumps on the flat mushroom style thru hulls did not autofill at speed. I have a total of 4 pumps filling the surf bag. At some point this summer Im putting in a diverter so I can fill a bag on the drivers side for my goofy surf friends.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Al, no issues with the front bag-its on a flat mushroom thru hull, that I added- and at some point I have the hose high enough it doesnt auto fill sitting still or runing at speeds. The factory scoop thruhull is being used with 2 of the 4 tsunami pumps that fill the surf bag. Last weekend I had it closed off at the ball valve as the pumps were not connected and the other 2 pumps on the flat mushroom style thru hulls did not autofill at speed. I have a total of 4 pumps filling the surf bag. At some point this summer Im putting in a diverter so I can fill a bag on the drivers side for my goofy surf friends.
    Stacy,

I'm glad to hear that. So with a mushroom intake and nothing but hose looped high going to the front sac, it doesn't auto fill or auto drain? You're not using a check valve either?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV