Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All the better Joe with 4ga in/out for both power and ground. The bigger gauge will help reduce power drop. On a very short run to the amp it's not a big deal but it sure won't hurt. Whatever gauge you do for one then do for the other.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Not sure on your setup, but for me with the batteries right by the amps I had no need for a distribution block. I just went 4ga amp to battery on both amps.

Brain your correct you dont need the distro blocks for the short runs like mine even. I used the distro blocks because i didn't want 6 amps lines running to a battery.

You have to look at your power and ground lines like a water line. Your flowing current instead of water.

If you got 2 2inch lines flowing water and you Y them into a 2 in single line then what happens? You have back up in your lines. You run the same 2 2inch lines into a Y with a 4inch outlet and what happens? It flows with no issues.

This is the hole idea behind amps and wiring them with a 4 gauge line and a 2gauge supply to the distro. If you are running a 4 gauge line to your distro point and then 2 more 4 gauge lines off the same distro then in fact your asking the battery to supply 2x the current threw the 4 gauge line into the distro.

My system is running 3 4gauge lines out of the distro and i have the option to add a 4th. So i went with a 1o gauge line to the distro from the battery. This is also because im not sure my batteries are going to stay where they are. I might be moving them once i get dry cell or gell cell batteries. I left my system options for more expansion.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Not sure on your setup, but for me with the batteries right by the amps I had no need for a distribution block. I just went 4ga amp to battery on both amps.
    I did the same - 4 ga from each amp direct to the battery on the negatives, 4 ga from the battery switch direct to the battery on the positives, with a resettable fuse on each positive wire. Then I went 1/0 gauge or maybe it was 2/0 from the switch to the battery as I could not find 1 gauge.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Anyone know what is in the channel behind the spotter seat besides the fresh air vent to the engine. is it something you can screw into at all?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Joe if you talking about the big wide vertical channel against the hull then yes, it's hollow.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz, , yep that's the channel.

as always thanks
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold