Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey Everybody,

My wife and I are both personal trainers and we own and operate our own fitness center. Its great to see everyone is committed to a healthy lifestyle. Staying fit and healthy is not only a necessity for our jobs, as we try our best to set an example for so many of our clients and members, but also a great way to better prevent injuries and sickness throughout the year. The older you get the more you realize the truth in living a healthy lifestyle.

I'm not a meathead but do spend 5-6 days a week in the gym with strenuous workouts. I do not promote or recommend any kind of illegal steroid or even most of the legal one's for that matter. I'm a regular guy, trying to stay fit and promote fitness. I usually stay on a 6-meal a day, high protein diet. I do supplement with multi-vitamins and L-glutamine, which I believe every person should.

Working out for wake boarding/skiing is a necessity for me. Besides helping to prevent injuries, just having your muscles trained to handle the beating and stresses any sport will put on them is an advantage.

Working out has always been a part of my life, and I hope everyone continues to push themselves to that next level, whatever it may be.

On the road to success, there are no shortcuts!
    2006 Mobius XLV

Guys thinking of starting p90x it's a great program, but truly a 90 minute commitment per day. Hard to do as others say running a business, keeping up multiple properties, volunteer activities, kids etc etc. I found that I was in the best overall shape of my life but burnout rate high after. Too much on the plate to keep up that type of time commitment. If only there were 30 hours per day
    2008 LS

I agree KurtL, p90x is definitely a major commitment, however, 30 hours in a day is still not enough for my schedule.
    2006 Mobius XLV

BullDawg stadium running! - Nice. I like your other workouts too, pretty much what I was doing before giving P90X a go. Jeff W you got to be in great shape with the Brazilian Jui Jitsu and Crossfit daily - Crossfit is crazy! I mean that in a good way. Some of you others might like it (less time). There is also I think it is Crossfitfitness.com a scaled back version of Crossfit. For you iphone users there is 365workouts - no wights, similiar to the other two. Good real world stuff.
    I have to agree with BullDawg the Question is about Goals and Priorities. Each of us trains or works out for different reasons (Goals). Each of us dedicate or commit the time needed to reach those goals (Priorities).
    Not to offend anyone but the "no time" excuse is just that an excuse. If by "no time" you mean my priority for training is lower than A,B or C that's fine that is where you are at and what you need to do. I have found, personally and with others once you right your priorities in order the "time" aspect goes away. All of a sudden the TV time or sleeping in on weekends, etc. frees up for a higher priority like training/losing weight/better health.

FYI: In case you think I don't have a clue on time restrictions. I have 18 employees in 3 offices, 3 kids (2 in soccer & dance, 1 in swimming, 1 in cheerleading and the last one is under 4) and a wife (owner of the business as well) that sees patients 50+ hrs a week.
    '09 LSV: 4 Exile XM7s w/SYN2 amp - Polk cabins w/RF 750x punch amp - 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs w/RF 1050s punch amp - Wetsounds WS420 - Alpiner HU w/ipod & satelite

Many years of racing motocross and snowmobiles really took a toll on my body; I am 36 now and there was a point in my life (2 years ago) when everything on my body was sore from all the knee surgries, broken bones, and just wear and tear. That is when I got really dedicated to lifting and cardio. I lift 3x a week, been running the 5x5 (Bill Starr program) which sticks to the core lifts (bench, squat, deadlifts, bent over rows, military press) and ride the stationary bike 3x a week. I can finally get out of bed pain free and walk up stairs without my knees aching. I have tons of energy again along with 30 less pounds of fat around my waist! I am addicted...

Sled491 Guest

Hey Brad what lake are you on? I think we are practically neighbours, not to mention we seem to have a lot of shared history!

We mostly go out on Okauchee...bought a season pass from Golden Mast this year so now we don't have to worry about not being able to get on the lake!

How about yourself?

Sled491 Guest

My wifes uncle has a place on Okauchee right out side the channel down from the golden mast. We're on lower Nemhabin, on the big island on the east side. When you drive down 94 you see a bright Yellow lift canopy on the south side of the highway, that's us.

Default Any of you guys gym rats?

So I saw an article recently. Some high school kid down here in the lone star state set a new bench press record for Texas high schools. 705 lbs....in freaking high school!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I am presently in week 6 of the insanity workout. Needless to say my cardio is waaay up. Oh, I also swim 2km 3 times per week in a 50m pool, surf when I can and mountain bike in the wintertime. I stopped running when i started insanity as the workouts are already hard on the knees.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V