Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Any of you guys gym rats?

Just wondering how many of us go to the gym and/or some kind fitness training like cycling or running. Personally, I go to the gym 4-5 days per week with cardio/ab work 2 days per week. Anyone take any pre-workout supplements? I highly recommend Jacked or Superpump 250. Jacked diffenately gives you a buzz but kinda makes you tingle. Superpump 250 gives you a different type of buzz, more euphoric but both get you in the mood to try and lift a truck.

I hit the gym the 3 or 4 times a week pretty steady now. I go on an off. I go a few months then stop. Right now im trying to go 3 to 4 times a week, i lift weights for all upper body, then work the stair machine for cardio for as long as i can handle it or 30 minutes depending on time.

I just started using super pump 250 i like it a lot. Nice wake up and get ya in the mood. I only use like 3/4 scoop when i use full scoop im still wired after the work out but im exhausted LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

No gym and no supplements for me. I stay in shape by playing sports and running. Right now, my weekly routine is an ice hockey game, 2 hrs of full court pick up basketball, and a one hour run. In the winter, I add skiing and snowboarding a couple times a month. In the summer, I add tennis and mtn biking and of course, boarding and surfing.

Sports are and always have been my vice I used to be a gym rat when I was single but gave it up shortly after I got married. I guess it was a means to an end .

These days, I find that playing sports is a much more fun way to stay in shape.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Ed G,

Wow, you are what I aspire to be. In a slump at the moment. Can't manage past 3 5-mile runs per week. Tomorrow though, I'm going to take the weekend run up a notch to 6 miles. Sunday bike ride, but the weather here looks like shite for the weekend so not much skiing.
    2001 Moomba Outback, Indmar Assault 325 + 4BBL Holley

5 days a week either first thing in the morning or over the lunch hour. Both freeweights and cardio. Been Doing it for years. My metabolism is high and I eat whatever and whenever I want.

No supplements at all except for a little creatine every now and then.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Would like to but no time. Was running very regularly until I came off the road. I do ski every day, and am very physical at work (keeps the guys working hard when the boss lets them know he can still set the pace ).

No upper body strength issues, or legs for that matter, but in the middle all hell breaks loose. Not fat just not cut, then again I'm 44, oh well.

Just got back from a 7 miler, my weekly run. That's all I can stand, sometmes twice a week. Otherwise, it becomes a chore.

Ed, u are hardcore!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

B-ball on Fridays, Dirt bike riding on Saturdays and mountain biking on Sundays. Recovery from Monday through Thursday. No supplements or energy drinks except Gatorade.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I can't believe most don't take some kind of supplements if you're actually going to the gym. I'm not talking about some GH products or testosterone "enhancers", just creatine, glutamine, BCAA's, and of course protein powders. I'm 38yrs old and a very hardgainer. I can eat anything as well and not gain anything if I wasn't working out. It takes me a month to maybe gain a 2-3 pounds and thats with eating 4-5 small/med meals a day (healthy snack in between) plus 3 protein shakes.
    Last edited by you da man; 05-01-2010 at 05:05 AM.

you da man you are fortunate as most people have a tough time keeping weight off. I guess I do take a supplement its a One-A-Day 50+ and it does help me. My body is changing faster than I can keep up. I change sports as my body can no longer tolerate the pounding of the hardwood floor but I keep playing but at a much reduced pace. I took glucosamine for a long time but it didn't seem to help any.

Here is what's in the pill:

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: One tablet

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Total Carbohydrate < 1 g < 1%*
    Vitamin A
    (20% as beta-carotene) 2500 IU 50%
    Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
    Vitamin D 700 IU 175%
    Vitamin E 22.5 IU 75%
    Vitamin K 20 mcg 25%
    Thiamin (B1) 4.5 mg 300%
    Riboflavin (B2) 3.4 mg 200%
    Niacin 20 mg 100%
    Vitamin B6 6 mg 300%
    Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
    Vitamin B12 25 mcg 417%
    Biotin 30 mcg 10%
    Pantothenic Acid 15 mg 150%
    Calcium (elemental) 120 mg 12%
    Iron 0 mg 0%
    Iodine 150 mcg 100%
    Magnesium 100 mg 25%
    Zinc 22.5 mg 150%
    Selenium 110 mcg 157%
    Copper 2 mg 100%
    Manganese 4 mg 200%
    Chromium 180 mcg 150%
    Molybdenum 90 mcg 120%

Ginkgo Biloba Extract (leaf) 120 mg **
    Lycopene 300 mcg **

I can't remember what the Ginkgo Biloba Extract is for (ha ha).
    Last edited by zabooda; 05-01-2010 at 05:54 AM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD