Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Any of you guys gym rats?

Just wondering how many of us go to the gym and/or some kind fitness training like cycling or running. Personally, I go to the gym 4-5 days per week with cardio/ab work 2 days per week. Anyone take any pre-workout supplements? I highly recommend Jacked or Superpump 250. Jacked diffenately gives you a buzz but kinda makes you tingle. Superpump 250 gives you a different type of buzz, more euphoric but both get you in the mood to try and lift a truck.

I hit the gym the 3 or 4 times a week pretty steady now. I go on an off. I go a few months then stop. Right now im trying to go 3 to 4 times a week, i lift weights for all upper body, then work the stair machine for cardio for as long as i can handle it or 30 minutes depending on time.

I just started using super pump 250 i like it a lot. Nice wake up and get ya in the mood. I only use like 3/4 scoop when i use full scoop im still wired after the work out but im exhausted LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

No gym and no supplements for me. I stay in shape by playing sports and running. Right now, my weekly routine is an ice hockey game, 2 hrs of full court pick up basketball, and a one hour run. In the winter, I add skiing and snowboarding a couple times a month. In the summer, I add tennis and mtn biking and of course, boarding and surfing.

Sports are and always have been my vice I used to be a gym rat when I was single but gave it up shortly after I got married. I guess it was a means to an end .

These days, I find that playing sports is a much more fun way to stay in shape.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Ed G,

Wow, you are what I aspire to be. In a slump at the moment. Can't manage past 3 5-mile runs per week. Tomorrow though, I'm going to take the weekend run up a notch to 6 miles. Sunday bike ride, but the weather here looks like shite for the weekend so not much skiing.
    2001 Moomba Outback, Indmar Assault 325 + 4BBL Holley

5 days a week either first thing in the morning or over the lunch hour. Both freeweights and cardio. Been Doing it for years. My metabolism is high and I eat whatever and whenever I want.

No supplements at all except for a little creatine every now and then.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Would like to but no time. Was running very regularly until I came off the road. I do ski every day, and am very physical at work (keeps the guys working hard when the boss lets them know he can still set the pace ).

No upper body strength issues, or legs for that matter, but in the middle all hell breaks loose. Not fat just not cut, then again I'm 44, oh well.

Default Any of you guys gym rats?

So I saw an article recently. Some high school kid down here in the lone star state set a new bench press record for Texas high schools. 705 lbs....in freaking high school!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I am presently in week 6 of the insanity workout. Needless to say my cardio is waaay up. Oh, I also swim 2km 3 times per week in a 50m pool, surf when I can and mountain bike in the wintertime. I stopped running when i started insanity as the workouts are already hard on the knees.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

I stopped running in 1998. Nobody has chased me since then.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So I saw an article recently. Some high school kid down here in the lone star state set a new bench press record for Texas high schools. 705 lbs....in freaking high school!

Sent from my iPhone
    That is not natural for anyone to be that strong, much less a kid. Better be careful with those pro hormones at such a young age.

I spend 8 to 10 hours a week in the gym, mostly lifting. Probably less than 20% of my time is spent on cardio, but I get enough in.
    As for supplements, I've tried all sorts of things. Some work and a lot don't.
    For pre work out, I'm currently taking Animal Rage. It's ok, moderate pump. It doesn't give me the shakes or anything and seems to fade pretty quickly, but also keeps me from falling asleep at night sometimes.
    Jack3D is by far my favorite and what I'll be going back to when I finish this. I've done C4, NO Xplode, Muscle Pharm Assault, and more.
    I've tried the over the counter testosterone boosters, don't waste your money. I even dropped $120 on the Cellucore stuff. No difference, no gains. It would have been cheaper for me to just do steroids and actually get some gains from it.
    I'm constantly trying different things though. There's a few that I take regularly and keep in rotation. I also think everyone should take these few things if you're working out regularly.
    A good multi vitamin is essential. I'm now taking the body building.com brand multi pack and it's really good. Since I started, I now wake up every morning before my alarm goes off. I'm more alert and have more energy as well, most of the time.
    Omega3, essential fatty acids
    CLA, love this stuff, it really helps my metabolism. When I eat a cheat meal, I immediately take a dose of CLA afterwards. Let's just say it does it's job.
    Glucoseamine, for joint pains. Years of racing motocross, my body needs this.
    BCAA before and after the gym, it helps keep my shirt sleeves tight. Essential for building muscle.
    Protein, everyone needs a lot of it. I live by this stuff. I go through a 5lb jug a month.