Man if I didn't train/workout I wouldn't be married and I wouldn't have 3 kids (or they wouldn't survive). It's my stress relief and I love it. 5-6 days a week, every month, every year forever!

Ice hockey (once a week) all year round. Like Cab13367 said there is nothing better than sports - true competition against others, test your skills, aggressive, winners and losers. In a hockey game I can "pop" somebody in the back of the head for running their mouth or getting a little too friendly with their stick. That's 2 minutes in a box. In the real world you just can't do that.

I usually workout in cycles. Eliptical/stationary bike & free weights at the gym - winter. Running (w/some races), flip a tractor tire, throw logs around - Summer. Lots of core work through out the year. You need to change it up or A) You'll get bored and B) Your body will adapt and you won't see increasing benefits aerobically and strength.

Right now I'm doing P90X - highly recommend it! I will say it's not for the meak, there is a time commitment, the work outs are not easy. But gauranteed you will be physically prepared for anything: wakeboarding inverts and jumps, any sport, swinging a hammer, carrying shingles up a ladder, you name it.

Supplements:
Huge doses of MSM, Glucosamine (bad knee, arthritis)
Glutamine
Occasionally Creatine
Flinstone Vit
Some others not related to working out too
Lots of: Myoplex Lite protein shakes & Pure Protien bars