Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Subwoofer and amp suggestions

I just put 2 polk db651's and 2 db6501's in the cabin, so now I need to take care of the low end of the system. I really would like to get some good sounding bass but I only want to spend $400 or $500 on a good sub/amp combo. It sounds like you guys really know your stuff when it comes to audio equipment. I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions or what I should stay away from.

I was looking at this set-up...

Amp- http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107PA60....html?tp=35834

Woofer- http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...40.html?tp=972

Any thoughts would be appreciated... I wish I would have asked for opinions on the sony amp before I bought it for the cabin speakers

I'm not a fan of Sony hardware, but then again everybody has their own opinions. I would look around, there are better deals than Crutchfield. Try millionbuy, Sonic Electronix, and places like that.

Want a good deal on a sub equivelent to that with a box? Shameless plug; Mine for sale
    2007 Mobius LSV

+1 on crutchfield being over priced. Also check out woofersect.com

I have a JL Audio 10" sub and I'm more than happy with it. It's in a full enclosure so that helps. Keep in mind what you're wanting, free air or enclosure.

most any high end sub will do, rockford, polk, infinity, jl, wetsounds, kicker, etc.. it's going to be more about the box(if needed) and about a good solid free-air mounting(again, if route chosen). keep in mind that in most cases a sealed or ported boxed sub is going to outperform a free-air, but you need to ensure that it's the correct box for the sub.
    Kicker and jl seems to be the majority winner on here for amps, and they do make a good product for a fair price..
    I, personally, went with rockford and love them, and did a jl 12w6 and it absolutely pounds.
    and imo ebay ftw when it comes to getting cheap name brand electronics, but you have to be prepared to install yourself. most shops don't want to install stuff you bought off ebay and won't warranty it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

David,

A JL Audio J2 500 watt monoblock amplifier, JL Audio 10-inch W0 subwoofer and a custom-built enclosure covered in a water-resistant RhinoLiner coating would total around $500.00. Not to mention a full factory warranty from an authorized dealer.

David
    Earmark Marine

^jump on that. wouldn't retail for that around here. box charge alone would be north of $200 from the couple of dealers here, and rhinolining would add more.

get it from them and then install yourself..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'd look at the JL Audio HD amps. A bit north of what you want to spend but they are the cat's meow in my opinion. Class D with tons of power and small package. Squeezed 2 in my Outback and didn't even have to build an amp rack. Enough power to run cockpits, sub and towers. They make a mono amp in the HD series too!!

Good luck!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    David,

A JL Audio J2 500 watt monoblock amplifier, JL Audio 10-inch W0 subwoofer and a custom-built enclosure covered in a water-resistant RhinoLiner coating would total around $500.00. Not to mention a full factory warranty from an authorized dealer.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Agreed! Thats a great deal!

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    David,

David
    Earmark Marine
    That sounds like a great deal. Could you post a pic of the finished and installed product? I'm curious what it would look like and I am sure others are as well.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV