Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    it was probably the boat owners buddy just trying to "help out". I often have to tell people, you know its better if you don't help. But thanks.
    You want to help? Bring extra beer and ice. Better yet, meet me at the gas station with your credit card.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    We saw a newer 350 duelly go in the drink launching a jet ski last year.
    Yep. When I speculated that the truck in the photo was one of two Blazers, I was taking the hint from the name of the file ("mc blazer.jpg"). I did not notice the roofline indicating that it was a pick-up. A pick-up can be rolling thunder when someone is driving it, but if the truck is parked and the bed unloaded, it doesn't take much of a pull to take it down a ramp.

In light of this, I'll take back what I said about the choice of vehicle playing a significant role here. I still think that the mistake was procedural. Even when my previous vehicle slipped while braking down the ramp, all motion stopped as soon as the boat started to float a bit. It takes some assertive buffoonery (or a brake failure) to actually drag the truck completely into the water.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You want to help? Bring extra beer and ice. Better yet, meet me at the gas station with your credit card.
    Love it

I think the saddest part is that is a Tournament Team Prostar, made specifically to pull tournaments. People that own those aren't ususally weekend wally's.

Talking

Sometimes ya gotta sink the truck to het the insurance money to pay the boat note .

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    That's what you get for buying a MC
    I don't know those X2 look pretty good! I mean if I had to pick again......

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post

It takes some assertive buffoonery (or a brake failure) to actually drag the truck completely into the water.
    This would explain how a the mother of a friend of my daughters pinned her self again a fence with her Silverado? Something about not quite putting it in park???

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    Yep. When I speculated that the truck in the photo was one of two Blazers, I was taking the hint from the name of the file ("mc blazer.jpg"). I did not notice the roofline indicating that it was a pick-up. A pick-up can be rolling thunder when someone is driving it, but if the truck is parked and the bed unloaded, it doesn't take much of a pull to take it down a ramp.

In light of this, I'll take back what I said about the choice of vehicle playing a significant role here. I still think that the mistake was procedural. Even when my previous vehicle slipped while braking down the ramp, all motion stopped as soon as the boat started to float a bit. It takes some assertive buffoonery (or a brake failure) to actually drag the truck completely into the water.

Ian, sorry i sent you on a goose chase but i renamed the file on my desktop as it was sent by a freind an i quicklt guessed as the name. I should not be suprised as how analytical everyone was bout how this"buffoonery" occurred? LOL maybe two many pops on the way to the ramp.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ian, sorry i sent you on a goose chase but i renamed the file on my desktop as it was sent by a freind an i quicklt guessed as the name. I should not be suprised as how analytical everyone was bout how this"buffoonery" occurred? LOL maybe two many pops on the way to the ramp.
    Years ago we used to keep our ski boat at my in-laws lake cabin during the summer. We usually drove our truck down during the weekends to launch the boat but for some reason one time we took the wifes Porsche 911. Not a problem as my father in law has 2 pickup trucks, I will just use one of them. So we get there and we findout my father inlaw just purchased a new Chevy Silverado to go along with his old worn out S-10. When my wife and I ask him to borrow the new Silverado to put the boat in the lake he says no I don't want you to use it, take the old S-10 (it always just used to sit there). Ok I guess this is not a problem as the ramp in just next door in the neighbors yard. They just had a little dirt ramp. So we hook the boat up and head to the neighbors yard. I get the boat aimed down the ramp and start backing it up with the wife sitting in the boat ready to power it away. So I am backing down the ramp and she says "OK" and I slowy hit the brakes. Has anyone every driven a vehicle that had a master cylinder going bad? Well the peddle just goes to the floor and the truck is still going backwards into the lake. Luckily the ramp is very shallow and I slammed on the pedal again and this time I got some pressure (by slowly putting pressure on the pedal on the brake fluid just went past the seals on the pistons in the master cylinder, by slamming it on I was able to force the seals to work some) and was able to stop the truck. Yes the back half of the truck was in the water but she did stop and we used the boat and trailer to assist it back onto dryer harder ground. Man was I pissed off. Had we taken the truck a longer distance I might have realized that the master cylinder was bad but I might have found this out when we kissed a tree or another car, by just going a about a hundred yards across someones lawn I never used the brakes until I started backing up. So in the end nothing was damaged but now I check the brakes before I tow anything. As far as a couple of pops, yes when I got back to the their house I might have popped a couple then, wouldn't you too!

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ha! No worries. A couple of years ago a buddy and I got into an argument over a similar photograph. He challenged me to explain why a boat could not just drag a truck into the water without something else going wrong. After giving several aspects of technical details, I summed it up with "boats float".