Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

OMG! What can you do or say after something like that?

Last summer, my wife drove our XLV right up into the back of the truck while I was teaching her how to load the boat! She gave it full throttle as we crept into the cradle of the trailer. As soon as she GASSED it, she turned her head and closed her eyes and ran to the back of the boat leaving me up front to watch the rear windshield of my truck approaching at mach 35 or something. The boat was in the back of the truck!!!
    Maybe that will help knowing there are more of us out there than should be allowed

Nobody got hurt except for my feelings and a trashed winch post!!!!!!!!!!! I invented a few words that night as they gracefully flowed effortlessly from my mouth! For the next two weeks!!!

Wow, it really sucked to be you that day, huh!?
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

Oh, and trashed tailgate!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Holy Crap Dude, are you serious? That's an amazing story. I saw a guy load a snowmobile once that got away from him. Pinned another guy hard against the rear windshield of his truck. Again no one was hurt, but was amazing to watch unfold in front of my eyes, much like you felt I'm guessing.

Wow! How long was it before you spoke to her again?
    About 5 years ago I decided to let my young son drive the boat. Luckily he was sitting in my lap. He pretty much put the throttle all the way down which wouldn't have been a problem but we were facing the bank about 50ft away that was covered in trees. Somehow, someway I managed to snatch the throttle out of his hands and throw her in reverse at full throttle. I think we kissed the end of a branch.

OMG - glad no one was injured. How could it not have trashed ur Moomba??

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Membrain View Post
    OMG! What can you do or say after something like that?

Last summer, my wife drove our XLV right up into the back of the truck while I was teaching her how to load the boat! She gave it full throttle as we crept into the cradle of the trailer. As soon as she GASSED it, she turned her head and closed her eyes and ran to the back of the boat leaving me up front to watch the rear windshield of my truck approaching at mach 35 or something. The boat was in the back of the truck!!!
    Maybe that will help knowing there are more of us out there than should be allowed

Nobody got hurt except for my feelings and a trashed winch post!!!!!!!!!!! I invented a few words that night as they gracefully flowed effortlessly from my mouth! For the next two weeks!!!

Wow, it really sucked to be you that day, huh!?
    2 weeks! Haaahahah. That sucks, did she learn? Or better yet did you?

PWI as usual...

You know I am wondering what it was like to live in that house for the next couple of weeks?

I am sooo lucky, my wife can drive the truck, back down the trailer, drive the boat on and off the trailer, pull me down the slalom course and.....well.... beat me on the Slalom course too!

Luckily the boat suffered no damage!? I guess it was the rhino liner on the tailgate? HA. Last summer was tough on the boat and us. Memorial day weekend, we hit a stump. $5K to get it repaired and missed all of last June. Backed the trailer off of the ramp and caved in the fender in so bad that it was digging into the tire, and last day of last summer we were out we were loading the boat and the prop hit the end of the concrete launch. Lakes were so low.

So, there ya go, we exist, we are out there, be afraid, be very afraid, and please stay clear of us, ‘cause we might end up getting you too!

Luckily the boat suffered no damage!? I guess it was the rhino liner on the tailgate? HA. Last summer was tough on the boat and us. Memorial day weekend, we hit a stump. $5K to get it repaired and missed all of last June. Backed the trailer off of the ramp and caved in the fender in so bad that it was digging into the tire, and last day of last summer we were out we were loading the boat and the prop hit the end of the concrete launch. Lakes were so low.

So, there ya go, we exist, we are out there, be afraid, be very afraid, and please stay clear of us, ‘cause we might end up getting you too!
    Sweet!! and such good humor about it all. I wish I had your patience and calmness

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Hey you didn't name your boat and then later rename it did you?